fxf

Bang & Olufsen Earphone

user posted image

the info is here

anyone has tried this??

Personally tried it at B&O's showroom and it sounds wonderful, what u guys think??

Anyone tried this piece of earpiece b4?

Nice! I have a pair warmed up, burnt in and everything, then a good friend of mine made me listen to his RS-1, HD600, ER 4S and the daeng hard to get D66's. I'd advice you not to get them, get the D66 instead! headphone.gif

In this case looks are very decieving........ wacko.gif

BTW Welcome to SGHeadphones fxf

Edited by matbon0013

fxf from hwz??

welcome!

i have not heard it before... better leave it to the experts of this forum

thanks for the warm welcome..... cool.gif

yep...i'm from the hwz forums, joined this one cause wanna know more about this earpiece...

Nice! I have a pair warmed up, burnt in and everything, then a good friend of mine made me listen to his RS-1, HD600, ER 4S and the daeng hard to get D66's. I'd advice you not to get them, get the D66 instead! headphone.gif

In this case looks are very decieving........ wacko.gif

BTW Welcome to SGHeadphones fxf

hmm... i'm not actually really looking for a headphone, they're kinda bulky tongue.gif

or u know of any good earphones that i can go mobile with??

The contraption the B&O has got, does serve its purpose of keeping the buds in place (optimum position) but it hurts after awhile. The billet construction also makes it heavier than most earphones. IME rolleyes.gif

I've not heard the A8 personally...

but.. there are reasons why this earphone is not favoured by everyone in head-fi.org

Based from what I've gathered.. this phone is overpriced and the only reason why they sound fantastic is that B&O probably have some damn good source/amp connected to the earphone, deceiving the customers. Once you've reached home, you will find that they sound no better than those ordinary earbuds smile.gif

You will be better off with sennheiser mx500(30 dollars from hung bros) or the sony mdr-e888 (70 dollars.. any sony retail outlests smile.gif )

btw, I have to say that they look great

so probably alot of money goes into the aesthetics lol.gif

Edited by Guyferd

I've not heard the A8 personally...

but.. there are reasons why this earphone is not favoured by everyone in head-fi.org

Based from what I've gathered.. this phone is overpriced and the only reason why they sound fantastic is that B&O probably have some damn good source/amp connected to the earphone, deceiving the customers. Once you've reached home, you will find that they sound no better than those ordinary earbuds smile.gif

You will be better off with sennheiser mx500(30 dollars from hung bros) or the sony mdr-e888 (70 dollars.. any sony retail outlests smile.gif )

i'll bring my own player the next time i visit and make sure it sounds as good....

thanks for the recommendation... i'll take a look when i visit sls

yeap... make sure that you plug in the earphone to your cd player, not theirs. This way, you can make sure that there's no marketing gimmicks laugh.gif

oh and yes.. if you ever interested in clip on or neckband headphone..

Get koss-ksc50 or ksc-55 respectively

Both are great and imo, exceeds mx500 due to their fuller sound and larger soundstage smile.gif

I would sum up the sound quaity can be bettered with other alternatives even cheaper ones IMHO. Guy nailed it that there just no VFM on the B&O's. Cheers!

recommendations:

px200 ($95 - hung bros)

px100 ($79 - hung bros)

d66sl (~$90 - shop in lucky plaza) [EDIT: paiseh apparently it's out of stock]

mx500 ($33.95 - harvey norman)

ath-em7 ($72 - hung bros)

Edited by adhoc

There must be a way to mod those B&Os to be used for the Etys!