Sign in to follow this  
Ttvetjanu

Bass strength ER-6i vs ER-4P?

I am so interested in the UE Pro's triple drivers. 2 lows and 1 high driver. I wonder how it compares to the Shure's Low Driver.

The newer UE5Bs are so gimmicky. I am so not sure about those. I rather a Shure E1c anytime. But then, they are available at quite an affordable price now. I just might bite. But need more reviews. Gonna check out Head-Fi.

Edited by idkfa

Beware of FOTM reviews on Head-fi that come in hordes, those can be misleading especially when mixed with all the hype surrounding many newly-released products. Still the UE phones do indeed look interesting (apart from the iPodish appearance), hopefully they sound as decent as, if not better than, shures and etys at the same price points.

After reading what feels like 1000 reviews and impressions of both headphones I've decided to go for the ER-6i's. I dont feel like spending all my money on headphones now, besides, I dubt I will need headphones that are THAT good (ER-4p). As a possible upgrade for later I'm concidering a PA2V2 since I've heard it makes the sound slightly warmer and provides a boost to the lows.

I'll post my impressions when I get them (Wed/Thur).