Sign in to follow this  
huangyong

CD PRO 2

more pic first.... cool.gif

The transport, the solder act as the weight to keep the cd inplace, the metal ring is not with me.

user posted image

The controller + display, this idiot brought me enough trouble dry.gif

user posted image

Wow, must give respect. DIY CD player no less. And the table so neat and clean!!!! :RESPECT!!:

jtfoo, my friend got it from me, he said he get it from someone in Singapore for S$480.

heady, i spent long time to complete this things, only do it when i am free. and what you see in the pic is not my DIY table tongue.gif , just a trial after all parts are done, now looking to make a chasis for it, any idea?

wood! party.gifwhistling.gif

If can make from wood will be super cool. If can't then maybe one of those rack casing from SLT but so dull. rolleyes.gif

Well done, huangyong, it's always my dream to build a CD Pro2 CDP but I guess I only had time to fiddle with DACs instead. Would like to inspire you with a custom CDP casing for CD Pro2.

user posted image

Edited by Northern Oak

northern oak, what's a good DAC kit to start? Sorry for thread hijack, huangyong.

heady, nvm, i like DAC too, but do not have chance to try. if you want to get one, pm me, i have few friends in China who are into DAC, and of coz as always, the price is real GOOD party.gif .

After finish this project, i have something to share. beware of this website www.daisy-laser.nl mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

The content in it is useful BUT CONFUSING, some of the page stated need -22.5 and 2.5V .

daisy-laer

after i read that one, seems easy, so make the PS in few hours time, but......

then ..the other page stated:

Step 2

The negative voltages are not so clear as they highly depend on the load and the way the supply is designed. These voltages have no influence on sound as they only take care of the light in the display.

Connect a resistor of 1Kohm between Vff and Vkk.

Connect a resistor of 10Kohm between Vff and ground.

Now you should find a reading of about 2.5V difference between Vff and Vkk.

The polarity does not matter.

Between Vff and ground you should find a reading of about -22 V. Actually everything between -17 and -24 will do.

Oh my GOD, the requirement is not 2.5V, it's 2.5V more negative than -22.5, WTH mad.gifhammer.gifhammer.gifhammer.gif

Then, due to my laziness, i try to fix the problem with all kind of tricks, try to tap the gnd to the -22.5 and so on, but it doesn't work.

So i have no idea of which one to follow, so i spent 1 month to read the schematic and datasheet... then settle with a very simple circuit, i think much simpler and more effective than the one recomended by the daisy-laser...

Edited by huangyong

That custom chassis is really impressive. party.gif

HuangYong, $480 for the CDpro2 is really a good price. I think AHF Art sells them for around that price, maybe it's from there. Does your friend have nice chassis for amplifier?

After finish this project, i have something to share. beware of this website www.daisy-laser.nl mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

The content in it is useful BUT CONFUSING, some of the page stated need -22.5 and 2.5V .

daisy-laer

after i read that one, seems easy, so make the PS in few hours time, but......

then ..the other page stated:

Step 2

The negative voltages are not so clear as they highly depend on the load and the way the supply is designed. These voltages have no influence on sound as they only take care of the light in the display.

Connect a resistor of 1Kohm between Vff and Vkk.

Connect a resistor of 10Kohm between Vff and ground.

Now you should find a reading of about 2.5V difference between Vff and Vkk.

The polarity does not matter.

Between Vff and ground you should find a reading of about -22 V. Actually everything between -17 and -24 will do.

Oh my GOD, the requirement is not 2.5V, it's 2.5V more negative than -22.5, WTH mad.gifhammer.gifhammer.gifhammer.gif

Then, due to my laziness, i try to fix the problem with all kind of tricks, try to tap the gnd to the -22.5 and so on, but it doesn't work.

So i have no idea of which one to follow, so i spent 1 month to read the schematic and datasheet... then settle with a very simple circuit, i think much simpler and more effective than the one recomended by the daisy-laser...

hi huangyong,

Did you try asking at the Digital section of diyaudio.com? There are a few experts at building CD Pro2. I've learnt my stuff from there.