Sign in to follow this  
EfN

E-MU 0404

Hi guys

I just bought the EMU 0404 sound card but I found out that I cant seems to connect to my klipsch Pro media 2.1.Can some 1 recommend me a converter or something to solve?

Thankz

Emu 0404 has 1/4" female jack for audio outputs. Most speakers have 1/8" male plug so I guess you need to get an adaptor for it or mod your speaker cables to 2 1/4" male plugs.

For adaptors, you can get someone for DIY for you or you can go to LHS in SLT. You buy their cables and plugs and they will terminate for you free. Ask for 2 mono male 1/4" plug to a stereo female 1/8"

I think I'm get 2 1/4 with RCA converter then + RCA to the 1/8 speaker cable. Will this set up cause problem like hissing song and distortions?

Thanks guys

It won't cause hissing or distortions but to the audiophile fanatic, an added connector means a degrade somehow somewhere. I can never hear the differences when I use a mini to a 1/8" converter. But if you want a "piece" of mind, just mod and recable the 1/4" female plugs like whatevil-zen said. Strip them out and resolder them with the 1/8" plugs or get them done at SLS.

guys i do encounter clicks and pops with this sound card. and other distortions

any help here?

simply spolit my music and movies

hey guys, sorry for bumping this old thread up,

i just got my EMU 0404 sound card and realised that i need the mono 1/4" male to stereo 1/8" female

adapter.

Anywhere i can get it in Sim lim?

The thread mentions LHS in SLT , i assume SLT is sim lim tower?

wat is LHS??

and how much would it be?

thanks so much!!