matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

New Order - Blue Monday (UK, 2nd pressed). this is plain black with just the colour coding version.

IPB Image

U2 - Two Hearts Beat As One (UK). the first song I heard from U2 back in...well......1983 :blush:

IPB Image

Japan - Oil On Canvas (France)

IPB Image

David Bowie - Diamond Dogs (US, RCA Victor Orange Lable) Sound quality is good. but not an idea copy.

hope to start my Bowie UK collection soon :rolleyes:

IPB Image

45rpm limited edition colored vinyl:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Original pressing:

IPB Image

Edited by ical

Yes guitarist Steve Howe's first solo album - Beginnings

IPB Image

Wow...this album is really good...the original stereo mix which was never released on CD due to the deterioration of the master tapes...

A bit of interesting history of this album...from wikipedia...

Days of Future Passed, The Moody Blues' second official album (released in 1967), was their first of what would be a succession of concept albums. It was also the first to feature Justin Hayward and John Lodge, who would play a very strong role in directing the band's sound in the decades to come. Utilising the London Festival Orchestra primarily for epic instrumental interludes between songs, Days of Future Passed moved the Birmingham band away from its early R&B roots (as displayed on its debut album with soon-departed future Wings member Denny Laine) into uncharted rock territory, making them the early pioneers of both classical and progressive rock.

In 1978 the album was remixed because of deterioration of the master tapes. The original 1967 stereo mix, which is generally considered superior by fans, has never seen a CD release. All CD versions, even remasters, use the later mix. However, the 1990 greatest hits package "The Story Of The Moody Blues/Legend Of A Band" CD compilation, seems to contain the original mix of "Nights In White Satin".

IPB Image

Sarah McLachlan "Live Acoustic"

IPB Image

Katie Melua "The Katie Melua Collection" Canadian Pressing

IPB Image

There seems to be some "digital noise/buzzing" in the background on the first track :angry: . Not sure if anyone has heard this. Its pretty faint and intermittent in the first 1-2 minutes IIRC, need to listen for it. Wonder if other pressings also the same. Well, I got so irritated by it and don't listen to the 1st track anymore :ppth: and those who know me, know that I'm a bit "deaf" :wacko: so this is pretty bad :no: So, Jojo, think you better stay away from this one, though I think this kind of music may not be your cup of tea :grin:

Edited by jig_sg