matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

IPB Image

IPB Image

I believe "white hair" will love this album. Very deep. Can make hairs stand and sound as creepy as the cover. :sweat: Very different from what they're doing now. Overall very interesting album. I like it! :party:

IPB Image

Edited by ical

After Porcupine Tree, follow by Opeth, now Sigur Rós :thumbup: Good taste u have.

i didn't follow them closely after their third album. maybe i should pick up again.

The cover goes well with "Fear of a Blank Planet" - Porcupine Tree

IPB Image

perhaps you can try another group called - "Godspeed You Black Emperor!" a very short live band from Canada. Their records are cheap on ebay.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

You really should pick up that Sigur Rós album. It's music is so you! :grin:

Fear of a Blank Planet is reaching soon. :whistle:

What Godspeed You Black Emperor?!! I don't listen to girl's band. :grin:

Edited by ical

What Godspeed You Black Emperor?!! I don't listen to girl's band. :grin:

!!!!

GYBE is a post-rock band, in the same vein as Mogwai and Explosions in the Sky, they tend to be more epic though, their tracks are pretty long. Instrumental, ambient pieces, sometimes symphonic. Not a girl's band, man.

!!!!

GYBE is a post-rock band, in the same vein as Mogwai and Explosions in the Sky, they tend to be more epic though, their tracks are pretty long. Instrumental, ambient pieces, sometimes symphonic. Not a girl's band, man.

haha... he just joking :P we like pulling each others leg here. :beer:

GYBE is somehow easy to digest compare to other ambient, drone, experimental groups i heard.

are you a fan of GYBE too?

I find GYBE's music really difficult... I guess I don't have the patience? I've only got 'Lift Your Skinny Fists' and every song is about 20 minutes. I enjoy the music as it passes but I lose grasp of the entirety of the song and what it means/expresses as a whole because the music is so complex and long. With GYBE I feel like I'm reading a lot of chapters but I don't understand the book as a whole :/ This is why I can't really get into symphonic classical music either.

That's why I prefer Mogwai / Explosions, their musical styles are similar but Explosions especially has more pop sense, the songs are shorter, more straightforward. Really love that stuff. It's easier to connect the titles of the songs to the music, to the theme of the album in general.

On topic, now listening to 'It's Five O'Clock Somewhere' by Slash's Snakepit :)

Finally got it

this is the album Kachui bought on behalf?

ya, this is already a super "CD", can't imagine on record :drool:

this is the album Kachui bought on behalf?

ya, this is already a super "CD", can't imagine on record :drool:

Yup...very fast shipping from Taiwan (EMS)...sent yesterday, received today.

Now listening to this again... :blush: Second MOFI copy of the same album...this one is like brand new, not a mark (or click or pop) on it...

IPB Image

another copy? wow! :rclxms:

shame on me being a Bowie fan :no:

listening to this right now,

IPB Image

David Sylvian - Secrets Of The Beehive

Evey David Sylvian releases is a materpiece of art. especially this, my Favorite Album of All Time :thumbup: hauntingly beautiful.

Finally I can listen to this at rock concert standard without disturb my family. Didn't know that my Stax can sound so good!! :party:

IPB Image

Limited edition color vinyl:

IPB Image

Edited by ical