matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

Wow!!! Beatles Mono version!! :drool::drool: very tempting :DD

Just received this from Japan. My favorite artist of all time.

not an easy listening album. listen with an open mind, this is a piece of modern art!!

Manafon - David Sylvian

IPB Image

Still unwilling to open it... :sweat:

What're you waiting for? :doh: Open it and enjoy! :party:

Just received this from Japan. My favorite artist of all time.

not an easy listening album. listen with an open mind, this is a piece of modern art!!

Manafon - David Sylvian

Damn! Not another pink noise music of yours. :doh:

Tour de Charme [LIVE] - Patricia Kaas

My favorite French singer. And she's hot!! :lust:

http://www.amazon.com/Tour-Charme-Patricia...55713333&sr=1-1

post-3069-1256028276.jpg

Edited by ical

Damn! Not another pink noise music of yours. :doh:

no lah, this one no pink/white noise...this one is free improvisation of jazz & electronic.

minimal melodic lines...much easy listening than my other pink noise albums hehe... :P

Ebay and some other sites selling this Jap set for over USD400...tempting to make some quick bucks if I don't open it... :grin:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=TOCP-71041

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-BEATLES-MONO-BOX-S...=item23033ae356

It's cheaper here, by about ¥3000 and still in stock!

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3614239

I always get my Jap CDs from there, takes abt a day(if lucky) or 2 to arrive.

Edited by Darkkopi

Did some browsing on the The Beatles in Mono and realised that even the US box set is made in Japan as well. The only difference is that the Japanese set has slightly bigger box with the additional Japanese Obi (outer sleeve that's common with Japanese CDs). But the rest are exactly the same.

My set is meant for the US or UK market since it does not come with the Obi. Amazon selling at USD247 with Standard Shipping; will be available end of this month.

The box set comes with a booklet on the history of the the Mono and Stereo albums, and apparently there are some significant difference in the mixing of the albums, especially on Sgt Pepper's and the White Album; difference like sound effect, fading effect, even the pitch and tempo; one song is about a minute shorter in Stereo than in Mono.

Anyway, decided to open up my boxset and give it a listen. There are a couple of albums in this set that has all the mono mix and the stereo mix on one CD. Listening to "Yesterday" in Mono and then in Stereo...can't say which I like better. In Mono, Paul's voice is more forward than in the Stereo version, but the sound seems more refined in Stereo. The beginning of the Stereo version is a bit weird, starting with the guitar on right and Paul's voice coming in from the left, and when the violins started on the left, Paul's voice moves to the centre.

Edited by Kachui

hmmm saw a set in Roxy @ $380! he said is fm UK?!

no, i didnt pick it up.

also saw an ang mo at Norman Audio auditioning Avalon speakers with a set of Beatles in Mono sitting beside him!!

Did you look at the set at Roxy, whether it was made in Japan or EU? Mine says Made in Japan on all the individual disc as well. In the picture posted in Amazon (US), the set was made in Japan.

nope, didnt look at it. it was placed on top of cabinet behind cashier. quite difficult to take..

Still unwilling to open it... :sweat:

Wah, Japan pressing even more expensive than UK one :drool:

Luckily I'm not a big Beatles fan. :whistle: The price of the mono boxset is a turn off. :bash:

Edited by ical