Sign in to follow this  
gavyn

PX 100 vs PX 200

Do you require the headphone to be closed or open? Will you require isolation from outside noise? As the former is open & the latter is closed design.

what will difference with closed and opened?

I am newbie.... ocasional require isolation from outside noise.

Edited by gavyn

It refers to the driver (speaker) enclosures whether it is open or closed.

Generally, 'open' will make the sound more 'spacious', 'wider', 'airy' but outside sound/noise can be heard & can interfere with your music especially under loud conditions. 'Closed' is the opposite, the sound will seem more 'in you head' but you will get better isolation (eg, travelling in buses, MRT etc). Bass will tend to sound more powerful. Note that this is a generalisation & there are a rare few headphones that although closed in design doesn't sound closed (albeit expensive).

Note that this is a generalisation & there are a rare few headphones that although closed in design doesn't sound closed (albeit expensive).

For this model, you try before ?

Is this sound closed to you?

PX200 is a closed headphone which supossed to block outside noise such that u dun need a high volume to hear yr music. HOwever they are not really good in that. IF u are looking for isolation then perhaps the in-ear canal phone is suitable for u. CHoice are panasonic HJE50 or the SHARP MD33.

I wouldnt say that. If worn correctly, the PX200 offers superior isolation to the 100. Just that you need to position them correctly to get the isolation effect.

in-ear would probably provide better isolation i think...... other than panasonic hje50 and Sharp md33, u can also try sony mdr-ex51lp (1.2m cable, unlike mdr-ex71 that is 0.5m plus another 1m extension) or Audio technica ath-ck5...... if u wait another 1 or 2 weeks, philips is launching a new "red colour" in ear earphone price around $49.

In-ear probably provide better isolation but it also let you hear your own breath very clearly unsure.gif

I am Creative In-ear earphone....... I can hear my step sound and breath......

For this model, you try before ?

Is this sound closed to you?

Only the PX200. It would help if you elaborate a little further what you are looking for, sound is subjective to individual preference/taste.

I am looking for comfortable headphone.

Music are Jazz , classical, new age and pop.

Will like to compare PX100 and PX200. Will get either one.

Just got myself a PX-200 from Best Denki for S$99 2 hours ago. Been wearing it since. Very comfortable. Comes with a carrying case. Just the right bass and treble. Closed design but niot isolated as I can still hear the traffic when I walk.

hi gavvn,

u r not limited to senn px only, u can get akg 24 or 26p. laugh.gif

I get myself a PX200 on Sept tongue.gif

It totally difference feeling from Senn MX 550 rolleyes.gif

MX550 is bright and bassy, where Senn PX 200 is warm less bassy than MX 550.