Huma Dragonbane

Hey guys, need ya opinion on this...

user posted image

the one sold at MBD is this one?

Yap. that's the one. But remember its either $25 or $35..... blink.gif anyway, you can always call Stereo at causeway point in case MBD ran out of stock. But wouldn't those plug versions that cost only $3-$5 be better since there's no cable in between? Anyone???

Yap. that's the one. But remember its either $25 or $35..... blink.gif anyway, you can always call Stereo at causeway point in case MBD ran out of stock. But wouldn't those plug versions that cost only $3-$5 be better since there's no cable in between? Anyone???

the wire in between the two terminations is meant to alleviate stress on the jack.

Yap. that's the one. But remember its either $25 or $35.....  blink.gif  anyway, you can always call Stereo at causeway point in case MBD ran out of stock. But wouldn't those plug versions that cost only $3-$5 be better since there's no cable in between? Anyone???

Some like those that come with the Ety 4 are quite okay, most however arnt. So unless you wish to purchase a bunch of them of different brands/makes (most are generic) and test them for yourself it's far cheaper to purchase the Grado version from Music By Design at Adelphi 2nd level. Plus as Cyper already mentioned it does reduce/eliminate the stress. That alone would be important for me if I had say an ipod or a nice MD player. Plus the Grado adaptor is of very good quality plus it's cheap (for hi-fi gear). :-)

Edited by Rameish

I heartily agree with Rameish, the Grado adaptor is indeed of amazing build quality and certainly better than any of the other offerings I have seen on the local market. However, whether it's worth the price will be up to the individual to decide. I got it free with my HD650's though so I'm definitely not complaining.

The adaptor that comes with the Ety ER-4 is actually 1/8->1/4 while the Grado adaptor is 1/4->1/8. I'm a little confused which one is the subject of interest but it appears to be the latter?

It is $35.. i asked them today.. innocent.gif

so u bought it?

no just ask for fun

haha ic...

The adaptor that comes with the Ety ER-4 is actually 1/8->1/4 while the Grado adaptor is 1/4->1/8. I'm a little confused which one is the subject of interest but it appears to be the latter?

Quite right. Getting old. ;-). So the best 1/8 to 1/4 inch adapter is the Grado. I actually had compared the Senn version (that came with the HD-650). It's of poorer buid quality so I didnt waste too much time on it. Plus the owner of that Senn HD-650 had bought the Grado adaptor eventhough he had the Senn adaptor. Thats probably a hint.