Sign in to follow this  
thaesus

Best amp out of these 3 for Grados

hi,

ive been doing some reseach on HPamps and have narrowed down my choices to either the Pocket Amp 2V2, A47 from evilfire.com, or this used DIYed PIMETA http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=132435

my question really is which of these would SOUND(complement) the best with the Grado SR60s..i listen mainly to alternative and rock music..

my source is a humble iriver H10..

im just afraid that i might have regrets about picking one over the other..

please advice..

oh!..and price increases in same order...PA2V2<A47<PIMETA, but not by much

TQ!!!

While the SR-60 is good you'll be better off getting a higher end Grado for the money and then amping it. Try to get an amp that uses the OPA-2132 or OPA-627 op amp or the OPA2777.

the pa2v2, cheap simple, probably not gonna do much better then the iriver output.

a47, a good design, current buffer via opamp

pimeta, has a dedicated buffered ground channel, high current output buffers, heaps of options to make them sound good. they'll be able to deliver more current then any of the other designs mentioned.

the pa2v2, cheap simple, probably not gonna do much better then the iriver output.

I beg to differ unless U have a story to tell of your personal experience. Mine has been told and found in the review section. wink.gif

I beg to differ unless U have a story to tell of your personal experience. Mine has been told and found in the review section. wink.gif

i had a listen and to be honest thought it sounded thin and muddy, couldn't drive my hfi650's on k240s very well. maybe it needed more voltage? id take the headphone output of my ipod any day. similar single chip solutions live inside portable players.

the go vibe is basically a cmoy for any of you guys curious in it. nicely put together package too smile.gif

ive looked at the go-vibe, and frankly, i feel its overpriced...

as skyskraper said, its basically a well put together cmoy..

i still cant decide btw these 3 amps...

i suppose they all have their flaws and strengths...

but im leaning towards the PA2V2 at this moment since many of u seem to have had good experiences with it..

skyskraper however feels otherwise...so im confused..!?

A47 seems like a good grado(32ohm) driver...or so they say...im not sure...

the PIMETA seems to me to be a steal..its CHEAP..the buffers are surface mount so u cant see them in the pic(in case u were wondering, they r under)

the PIMETA also comes with a nice interconnect..smile.gif

it doesnt have a DC jack however and is the largest of the 3..

the A47 looks the best if u ask me..skillfully constructed..has DC jack..

PA2V2 has DC jack and ability to recharge..GREAT..

so im still stuck...more opinions?...

THX EVRYONE!

My first amp was the PA2V2 and I definitely recommend it. It's cheap enough and has good resale because of its affordability. We spoke about the impressions in the PA2V2 thread. Did you chk it out?

yeah i did,

but i just wanted to know how it sounds in comparison to these other 2 amps..

thx!