Sign in to follow this  
Kippei

Where to get OPA627s cheap

I hope you're getting them cheap. Set of 5 means the seller is one of those cheap bastards who abused the sampling program at texas instruments, i.e. requested free samples (subject to max of 5 pieces per item). Given the widespread abuse, especially by asians, i'm actually a little suprised texas instruments has not stopped the program.

Edited by av98m

5usd each? You should grab them then! I wonder now what's the minimum quantity he had to buy from texas instruments, to be able to sell at such prices and still break even. hmmmmm......

guaranteed sample at that price with that quantity, but more then likely someone with a planned sampling regime or someone with a different way to access samples (like a manufacturer/engineering firm or university)

even buying in 1000's it would still be more then $10usd each

I intended to buy from ebay but there only come in set of 5. asking if any one wants the xtra 2 cause i only need 3

627 what? ap, bp, au or something else? i may be interested in getting 2 of bp or ap in my SM3, so maybe we can share the fee then.

I just order 5 APs from ebay. tongue.gif

I use 3 the other 2 is yours

I needa verify something u live in Singapore rite?

Edited by Kippei

i was thinking to build a pimeta.. so need to get board, cascode set, caps, and pot from tangent.

offtopic: is the Wima MKS-2 6.8 µF/50 V from tangent worth the $9usd it will cost? or i can get cheaper alternatives locally?

same thinking as me for the mks-2. But high value box cap are quite as expansive locally....

or u wanna try 50cents 1 uf caps?

Wanna combine order? We can save on shipping

Edited by Kippei

I just order 5 APs from ebay. tongue.gif

I use 3 the other 2 is yours

I needa verify something u live in Singapore rite?

yep. i m in NUS.

pls PM me your expected price for them and ways to contact.

thanks biggrin.gif

Let's see Texas Instruments sells the OPA627BP at US17.75 each if you buy a minimum quantity of 1000 pieces. An the AP version goes for US12.25 each for min qty of 1,000 others like DiGi-Key sell it for more even for quantity for 1,000. So obviously the seller absued the programme. Now he's in violation of the programme again as these are samples that are not meant for resale. Hmmm...maybe TI should be offer free samples to people who offer info on others who abuse their programme.