Sign in to follow this  
Huma Dragonbane

GUYS HELP!!! MY CD PLAYER BLEW UP!!! :(

I think the transformer blew up, cause this morning when I came back to my room from breakfast I smelt this really funny smell...kinda like the smell when you're soldering stuff....The side of the player where the power cord was, was extremely HOT. And the origin of the smell was definetly from the player. I tried turning on the player...it still managed to turn on, disc stills spins, display is still on but there's no more sound. I quickly turned it off. sad2.gif

Anyway this was the replacement unit the distributer at marantz gave me. The original warranty ended a month ago. However the replacement unit is about 11 months old. Am I still covered? Also if I'm no longer covered, any idea how much the repairs are gonna cost? Or do you guys think I should get a new player? sad2.gif

Really hope to hear from ya guys soon. sad2.gif

Feel sad for you.. Nowdays, electronics spoils so easily.. and its always just after the warranty period.. dry.gif Bad Q.C.

I'm not sure whether the warranty is renewed after you got the replacement unit.. u gotta give em a call to check.. but if it's not, i bet repairs are gonna cost you a bomb.. unless you can get one of the diy guys to fix it for you..

Sorry for your loss.

Unlikely Huma. The warrenty starts from the purchase date of the original product. There's a slim chance they might repair it free of charge out of goodwill but technically they have no obligation as the warrenty has expired. They may waive service fee or somthing (ie you pay for parts). Talk to the service manager and be very polite. Eplain you are a poor student etc. ;-).

Sorry for your loss.

Unlikely Huma. The warrenty starts from the purchase date of the original product. There's a slim chance they might repair it free of charge out of goodwill but technically they have no obligation as the warrenty has expired. They may waive service fee or somthing (ie you pay for parts). Talk to the service manager and be very polite. Eplain you are a poor student etc. ;-).

Hey dude, sorry for late reply. Was really busy. Anyway I called them up last monday and I just explained to them that mine was a replacement set so shouldn't I get a year warranty for it as well? They agreed and yup, product still under warranty! yay! totally made my day that day. Gonna send it in this coming monday.

Guest Ruach

That's is really good customer service. If the cd spins and the display is active, the transformer may not be totally damaged. Anyway, you will have the experts fixing it at Wo Kee Hong