koljaho

Which EArphone will you buy?!

Which earphone will you buy if your budget is around SG100.  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally feel like keeping my current earphones because I don't kinda feel like spending money. However, I want to try something new with greater fidelity. At the same time I want balanced sound with enough bass. Which one will you choose?

I can strike off a few for you at that budget:

E2c (around $170 new)

CM7Ti ($181 new from bluetin)

ER6i (around $260 new)

So you are left with

Sony MDR-E888

Sony MDR-EX71/81

I would buy none of those and spring for something better.

with a budget of around sgd100, i would recommend the Creative EP-630 or the Audio Techinca CK55. both cost around the $60 range. the ep-630 is bassier, while the ck55 sounds closer to the etymotics.

Actually u can get the E2C cheaper online.... I just got a set.. it sound quite good out of the box..much better then the panny or the sharp and creative E630 in term of:

1) Bass.. not as muddy and bloomy ..

2) more details..

3) isolate better..

4) Almost no microphonic

biggrin.gif

Edited by nakedtoes

Wow you post here also. You've been asking for earphones also lot. If you like your MX, you will like the E888. A notch better in every aspect but needs lots of burn in.

On that note...just asking, is the E3C capable of bass that the md33 can put out? I need the isolation of the md33's, but I can't stand it's microphonics.

haha! I am very itchy with my money. I want an upgrade. But you see....my budget is kinda tight. So don't know which one to get. Looking something like MX 550 but with more bass and more details. =) Hey nakedtoes. Thanks for being so helpful! Will consider about E2c despite all the negative reviews about it. all shures are Y cord ?

yea the shure is Y cord.. u can get the Panny in ear for $55..

Kube: there is no perfect IEM. i just got the E2C and the cable microphonics is absolute zero.. isolation is better the md33.. however when i walk i hear the "thurn thurn thurn" sound.. look like i have to walk lightly.. cool.gif

The soundstage is also wider for E2C.. quite a good portable IEM i would said... Today i actually got ppls "staring" at my E2C.. blush.gif

Edited by nakedtoes

up up!! more comments pleasE! btw where can i get the cheapest shure or any other earphones ? BTW I do not have credit card or vpost. What should i do?

up up!! more comments pleasE! btw where can i get the cheapest shure or any other earphones ? BTW I do not have credit card or vpost. What should i do?

There will no more cheap Shures now. I've explained at HWZ. Cheapest IEM will be approx US$99-119. UM1, ER6i, super.fi 3 and e2c are in this range. You can try email earphonesolutions for a discount on e2c.

vpost can simply register at their site. CC ask daddy or mummy for help. yeah.gif

hi all, me newbie here... around May i still seen that there's a lot of discounts provided by idealsounds for shure earphones... but why now no more discounts?