Sign in to follow this  
lengcm

Burmester 032 Integrated Amp

Just got my hands on the Burmester 032 for a home trial, compliments of Music by Design. The objective of the home trial was to see if it has synergy with my speakers and cdp. Anyway the amp came with an headphone jack. So what the heck, took my favourite headphones out of the box and plug it in. Haven't touched my headphones for quite a while and have been trying to clear my invetory of cans.

Setup was the same as my previous except for the change in the amp. Impressions as follows: The HD600 with the 032 has a pretty neutral sound but slightly on the warm side along with a richness of tonalty. Nice extention on both end of the bandwidth. For the 1st time, the HD600 actually had some slam in the bottom end. Burmester amps are well known for its detiled sound, was not disappointed on that area at all. The details are there but not fatiguing at all.

032.jpg

I Darth Vader was into hi-fi that would be his amp except it would be in black!

Thanks for the heads up man but using a $20,000 amp to drive a S$450 headphones? Kidding ya. I know it's for your speakers LOL.

BTW if you havnt been using your headphones for a long time you might wann run it in again first.

That amp does look like an overkill to drive headphones..... biggrin.gif

That's true, it's a overkill. It was on loaned for my speakers setup. But since it has a headphone out... why not?

I would be more interested in the speakers in question, now that a Burmester is in the scheme of things. biggrin.gif

I would be more interested in the speakers in question, now that a Burmester is in the scheme of things. biggrin.gif

Still using my Vienna Acoustc Mozart. party.gif