Sign in to follow this  
matt.pimm

Shure IEM's

Which Shure IEM's are the best value for money?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm looking for some good quality sound isolating headphones. Just wondering if people think that the e2c will be sufficiently good quality or whether it is worth paying the vast premium for the e5c.

laugh.gif with the shure e5cs you wont find the need to upgrade anytime soon.. it sounds as musical as it can be.. if amp-ed properly its very close to open air, i got my adcom pre-amp repaired and using it to drive the earphones, i almost thought i was wearing my beyers instead

if you buy a pair of e2cs for 170 bucks sgd.. soon you will start itching and wonder how the ety er6i sounds like.. and eventually.. oh no how does the e3c and e4c compare up to it? how abt ety er4p/4s?.. then.. hm.. how abt westone um1?..

and whilst spiraling up the line of different products.. wouldnt it have been better if you've gotten something closer to the top of the line to minimse monetary loss eventually as everyone's got the tendency to upgrade?

i would suggest probably westones um2, or UE superfi pro as an alternative(westone um2 was actually the original e5c drivers, except shure did some modifications etc and sold them as e5cs)..

after listening to dual driver iems.. i've decided not to return to single drivers tongue.gif the effect's quite permanent once you hear a dual driver, and get wow-ed by the soundstage of such tiny earphones.. percussion never felt that real and dynamic laugh.gif

If you're looking for a cheap IEM to bring out, than get the UM1. To me, it sounds better than ER6i. If you wanna use it for home, then maybe a higher end one will suit. UM2 is the current popular one.

Hello all,

Sorry to open an old thread, but just my opinion to follow!!!

I now own both Shure E2C's and E4C's. Personally, i now use the e2c's myself, I dont think the E4's are worth the extra money!!!

Matt

Hello all,

Sorry to open an old thread, but just my opinion to follow!!!

I now own both Shure E2C's and E4C's. Personally, i now use the e2c's myself, I dont think the E4's are worth the extra money!!!

Matt

Then like that a EP630 might just blow you away. yeah.gif From what i gather, if using e4 with ipod, better amp to get the best sound. And if u use 128s mp3, e4 will not sound much different. Use a CD player and you're likely to hear the big difference.

Yar, the e4c are definitely better than the e2c.

"um2 is very great value for the price.. 237"

he means the UM1 at $230 right?

e4c is superbly clear and accurate in the mids and highs region. Sometimes a lil too much for some people. Bass is there, slight improvement from the e3c.

UM1 is good. Balanced. Wins e3c for tonal balance.

unsure.gif i am So confuse to get wich headphones now ??? i was thinking of getting E2c then the e24 and now wot ???? HELP!!! wacko.gif

i listen to Heavy rock wich means i need earphones with more bass and i prefer canal types.Price range is 600 below rolleyes.gif

UM2 from Westone -- $499

Dual Driver, "similar to E5".

You could also always wait for the E500 from Shure, which will most likely begin shipping in June.

Edited by aaron-xp