Sign in to follow this  
Sonical

Creek OBH21

Hi there,

Has anyone tried the Creek OBH21? Was hunting for a amp for my hd600 and saw it at the Adelphi.

Any comments on these amps? Do they compliment my cans well?

Any other amps to reccomend in Singapore? (my budget is only about 500 bucks wacko.gif )

Cheers!

u can go gown to the sgheadphone meet this sunday and try the various hdamps and cans brought down by our fellow forumers, read about it on the lunge lizards.

u can go gown to the sgheadphone meet this sunday and try the various hdamps and cans brought down by our fellow forumers, read about it on the lunge lizards.

thks for the tip, sad to say this sunday is not a good time for me. got something on.

well guys any gd reccomendation? i tot of ordering the gilmore lite. but issues like repairs...warranty claims..freight charges..etc seem to be holding me back

Maybe it's unfair for me to say this but after having seen the inards of Creek OBH11 in the previous meet, I rather spend half the money and go for the Original Master amp that is on sale at our classifieds. If U ain't bowled over by the looks, construction and sound at this price, I would be surprised.

Well how does it look like? i'm pretty new when it comes to amp.

Thats y i' trying to look for value for $$ products. Give things a try 1st b4 i take the plunge yes.gif

and from wat i saw frm creek's webbie the OBH21 does beat the OBH11 hands down based on construction and looks.

Dude, go to the classifieds section and seek out the ad "WTS: Original Master amp". All info and pictures are available or must I enclose the link for you to click in this thread? Please feel free the engage the search engine for "Original Master" and it will beam you links to all previous discussion.

Oh, when I mean looking at the inards, I mean components and circuit design, not the exterior and aesthetics.

Edited by Mackie

The OBH21 may indeed beat the OBH11 hands down but is probably in the same league as the old OBH11SE. And that is one laid back amp. Also the HD-600 didnt like the old OBH-11 and OBH-11SE. A better choice would be a MF X-Can V2 or V3, Cayin/Spark HA-1A. I didnt try the Original Mater Amp with the HD-600 but you certainly can :-) Trust your ears - peace.

Thanks for the tips Rameish.

How about other brands like REGA or CYRUS? found out that they have a distributor in Singapore. i think the X-Can v3 is going at 750 bucks? might be a bit steep for me. my budget is about 500 bucks

http://www.rega.co.uk/index2.htm

http://www.cyrus.co.uk/integrated_amps.htm

Any other alternatives guys?

Cheers

I have been using the Creek OBH-21 since April this year. I find that it responses very well to AC filtering. I started using it without filtering and the sound was laid back, and the bass energy was quite lacking. But after I applied parallel capacitance filtering to my system, the bass energy has increased, and tthe sound is quite decent. Also, try applying Stillpoints ERS cloth inside the amp, it works wonders.

Compared to my GSP Solo MC amp, the Creek has slightly less midrange lushness and a higher low frequency rolloff, but then the Solo costs 3X as much.

I would say that this amp is value for money. FYI, the comments are based on pairing this amp with both Sennheiser HD555 and HD650.

I got my Creek at Asia Sound in Adelphi. You can bargain a little from the MSRP of $480.

Good luck!

I believe those cyrus are for driving speakers? I am attracted by the looks of OBH-11. Simple and nice but according to reviews, dun sound too good.

Does NAD makes amps for headphones? I like the dull, drape look. yeah.gif

I believe those cyrus are for driving speakers? I am attracted by the looks of OBH-11. Simple and nice but according to reviews, dun sound too good.

Does NAD makes amps for headphones? I like the dull, drape look. yeah.gif

most of their pre-amps have headphone outs laugh.gif