adhoc

The 2005 sgHeadphones meet thread

I must say i had a great time at AA. Thanks to Mackie and Anything Audio for allowing the meet to happen. It was a rare chance to audit so many different cans, amps and cables at one time.

BTW, the silver supermacro there was running on an AD744 opamp, it's output biased and force into class A. Seems like i'm not the only one that prefers the PA2V2 over the SMV3. The SR-71 was fantastic too, a refined version of the PA2V2. laugh.giflaugh.gif . Yes, the K1000 was fantastic, wonder how it would sound if crossfeed. The DT150 was also super on the detail. The setup with the MingDA amp taught me how Bass can be projected, me being a clarity and detail guy.

Through this meet, i finally realised one thing. There is no all-round can. Each cans hold its own rights in its way. Senns for vocals, AKG for the exact imaging etc.....

Thanks again!

WOW! WOW! WOW! Take me some time to finish the 4 pages.

You guys not only can listen, can really write too...

It is my first meet up so I was more excited to see the people then the CANs or AMPs. wink.gif

I always wondering how would the HD650 sounds like, finially I got a chance to taste it.

The AKG501, HD600 plus some others... can't remember all.

Of course I didn't miss the K1000

Thanks to Mackie and AA, right people right place.

Cheers.

A more "commercial" question i would like to post. biggrin.gif

Will AA bring in AKG601 and AKG701 as well as AKG K1000? wub.gif

I did ask about the AKG K1000 but was quoted with a price higher than Han bro. mellow.gif

hmmm, i thought AKG's discontinued the k1000? no.gif

aiyah i totally forgetten about the meet...

den can add on my PPA.

When is the next one party.gif . I bring my warez down. PPA, maybe pimeta, millet or m3.

smoke.gif DIY fest