adhoc

The 2005 sgHeadphones meet thread

(the DT-150's pictured are mine and thats me with the K1000s) tongue.gif

WHAT! What happened to that impressive looking head of hair since the last time I saw you man. National Service? biggrin.gif

i got myself a pair of cable at good price blush.gif and thinking of getting a pair of DT150, the can made me cold.... wub.gif

Seriously, the K1000 gave me a great listening time but the comfort was horrid!

i've always felt the k1000 looked really good.. i've got that erm.... "fetish" for rectangular headphones..

but rectangulars dont come cheap no.gif k1000, stax.. wacko.gif

Does anyone know the exact model of the dynaudio monitor speakers which we heard was at the end of the meet?

The Stax 404 is actually pretty cheap. its the whole system, thats right, the AMP that makes it expensive. Even so, $1300 for a 4040 system in Japan is not that expensive. Amp and headphone, how bout that? A great bargain i would say.

I think its the speakers were the 5P's from memory.. passive speakers if i remember correctly lekguan.

evil-zen: u gotta be jokin me rite? tongue.gif

i was quite comfy with the K1000s actually..i liked the fact that they can fold out headphone.gif

gfgfmoses, welcome to the DT-150 fanclub biggrin.gifheadphone.gif

av98m, my long beautiful dreadlocks were cut off cuz of school... so yeah i just kept it simple and just shave my head every now and then... i finished ns long time ago hehe blush.gif

Edited by Q00

gfgfmoses, welcome to the DT-150 fanclub 

never knew there is a DT 150 fan club lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Lol, first time trying out some beyers. Tried a few, and from what I can tell, it provides a really nice wide soundstange. And of course, soft comfy pads yes.gif

Does anyone know the exact model of the dynaudio monitor speakers which we heard was at the end of the meet?

The model is BM5P (passive near-field studio monitors). The same tweeters and woofers were used in the Dynaudio consumer Contour series.

I'm definitely a member of the DT150 club! holiday.gif

Edited by Mackie

I attended the meet and must say that it is very good time spent there to audition the headphones/earphones that i often read about in reviews but have no chance to listen to until last Sunday.

Really appreciated the effort of the Mackie, who organised this, and also Anything Audio at Parklane for inviting us over to have the meet.

thumbup1.gif