Sign in to follow this  
iconic

amplifier for rs-1

Yep you can get it from Frankie, also the G&W T2.6F sound better after 40mins swicth on. tongue.gif

One more you can try cheaper tubes like EH Gold 6922 too.

Edited by Barradio

OT: Barradio, I love that red LED and gold knob in your avatar. A new toy?

that red LED and gold knob
That the PPA and by the way the knob is not gold.

The gold colour must be the reflection of the RS-325i cups near by. laugh.gif

Edited by Barradio

Yes, they are on stock tubes at the moment.  There's another 2 pairs probably given to iconic by his relative, haven't tried those.  I intend to have a mini shootout with yotiao this x'mas... not sure if i have time to tube roll and burn in the amp before we meet up...

Where can I get the Siemens E88CC in Singapore?  I believe they aren't cheap, ~$100 a pair?

i think 2100 has an unused pair to let go at $100 odd you could drop him a p,m

he's using mullard cv2492 right now i think smile.gif

Edited by neutralzz

Yes, they are on stock tubes at the moment. There's another 2 pairs probably given to iconic by his relative, haven't tried those. I intend to have a mini shootout with yotiao this x'mas... not sure if i have time to tube roll and burn in the amp before we meet up...

Where can I get the Siemens E88CC in Singapore? I believe they aren't cheap, ~$100 a pair?

Chris, the Siemens CCA 6922 can be purchased from Music by Design, they have a pair or 2 left. Very nice sounding and balanced tube. Used them in my previous amp the Cary SLI80. The cheaper alternative is the Sovtek 6922, decent sounding as well comes as stock tubes with the SLI80.

Thanks for all the reccomendations.

Knowing Iconic, he'd prefer a warmer, more ballsy sound, want good bass dynamics. Generally a rock person. Which of these tubes provide that kind of sound?

Thanks for all the reccomendations.

Knowing Iconic, he'd prefer a warmer, more ballsy sound, want good bass dynamics. Generally a rock person. Which of these tubes provide that kind of sound?

That's very challenging since, I have not heard his setup. But I guess you can start off with the Sovtek and if he has surplus cash, can always try the Siemens CCA.