Sign in to follow this  
Fizban

CM7 or CM7ti vs EC7

Hi guys.

I am going to get a pair of earbuds, cos i find that using my Shures e5c together with my specs are not ok. So i need something not restricting.

So i wonder if the EC7 will obstruct my wearing of specs?

Also, conparing sound quality, is CM7 or CM7ti better or EC7?

Help me out yeah guys? heh...

P.S. Where's the best place i can get any of them at the lowest possible price?

I have been using a pair of the EC7s for the past 2 months... Though they are sort of like clip-ons, they have no problem with my spectacles. happy.gif

Had not try the CM series before thus not in the position to give you a comparison, but I can say that the mids and highs are definitely the strong points for the EC7s. Compared to my previous MX400 and PX200, they are much more detailed but yet retained the warmth esp. for vocals.

One thing I had noticed after comparing it with my friend's HD600 is that the EC7s are typical Audio Technicas, meaning they are very coloured but it is not a bad thing if your music are inclined to vocals. tongue.gif

Lastly, since you are planning to switch from IEMs, please take note that EC7s has terrible sound/noise isolation, which can be rather irritiating when you want to catch some music on the bus. sleep.gif

Why not get contact lens instead? Work ard your problem not your phones. lol sorry couldn't resist. biggrin.gif

You're taking quite a leap from the E5s to the Ath sticks. Why not sell your E5c and get an Etymotics ER4s instead? You can nv go wrong with those. A point to note is that they are not that comfortable at but least they dun go round your ears. Sonically wise, they're brilliant. The PAIN is worth it! party.gif

I've tried the E5c recently. I've also tried the Etys ER-4 sometime ago. IMO, the E5c was way more musical. The ER-4 give a very "boosted detailed" kind of sound. That's not to say the E5c were not as detailed, in fact it was more detailed, except it puts the details across in a more subtle way. I also felt that the E5c sounded less constrained in terms of soundstage. Wonderful for a earphone I would say. The perfect travel companion if not for the price. biggrin.gif

Edit: Wonder if it would help if you removed your specs while wearing, then put on your specs after your e5c is on.

Edited by lekguan

Why not get contact lens instead? Work ard your problem not your phones. lol sorry couldn't resist. biggrin.gif

Couldn't resist as well tongue.gif

Haha thanks thanks...

cannot leh....the e5c cord still gets int eh way of my specs...too thick la the cords.

What does it mean by "coloured"?

And i want the LESS-isolation outside so i can KNOW when a bus is next to me...

So....EC7 or CM7?

Heard that CM7 tends to fall off easily, so i'm thinking of EC&...but SQ-wise leh?

And the EC7 clip won't get in the way meh? Is it cos it's THIN?

And where can get BEST PRICE huh? haha

Do you run your E5 cords behind your neck or over the front? I don't know if it makes a big difference but I've always worn my E5 cords to the front and found it to be pretty alright even if i was wearing shades... Maybe its also a matter of getting used to?

If the problem you have is with the memory wire, I suggest you take a look at Westone UM2. I do not think you will loose much in SQ to the E5 and is definately one of the more comfortable IEMs I have tried.

With regards to helpful suggestions on using a pair of etys instead, i am one who cannot stand pain for prolonged usage of audio equipment....tried that with a pair of grados and i had a splitting headache for the next 2 days, and am not going to do that ever again if i can help it.

So i'm deciding between CM7ti and the EC7...

Seriously.... is the EC7 EXACTLY the same SOUND QUALITY-wise as the much-lauded CM7ti, with the only difference being the loop? Or is CM7ti still the obvious winner in terms of SQ?

Pls help...heh