Sign in to follow this  
mjoex

Can someone tell me if this earphone is any good

Hello Gurus,

I was wondering around at Adelphi and I saw an in-ear headphone named Westone. I saw two models UM1 & UM2. They looked rather pretty. Anybody knows whether this is something worthwhile considering?

TIA

I saw it at the display cabinets... I think it says something like Ja... (something) Network... I think it is the 3rd or 4th floor... you know something about this earphone?... any good?

WESTONE? You gotta be kidding me. They are no good. Avoid them!!

okok, I'm just joking, but they are one of the few very reputable makers in canal earphones.

I saw it at the display cabinets... I think it says something like Ja... (something) Network... I think it is the 3rd or 4th floor... you know something about this earphone?... any good?

oh.. jaaben or something? the one that sells dr amps?

westones are pretty decent IEMS.. its either you like it.. or you dont.

afbug has a pair of um1s.. you could ask him for his opinion of them

You mean it's good? Maybe I should go there and test it out. I've been thinking of getting an in-ear... tried a friend's Etymotic-not bad, but it did not quite turn me on.

You mean it's good? Maybe I should go there and test it out. I've been thinking of getting an in-ear... tried a friend's Etymotic-not bad, but it did not quite turn me on.

yep westones is a v good brand actually

trust your ears.. go listen.. probably listen to the um2s.. i've got a fetish for two drivered stuff lol

Thanks... now I really must go and try it out... I wonder if they will let me try it. Most retailers seem reluctant to let people try their earphones.

Ah yes babyneutralzz was around when i ordered them a few months back lol.

Heres my thoughts on them, scroll down yeah.gif

A little feedback and hint, i believe Westone got the message tongue.gif

After reading the many reviews from headfi and read a member's (Who own both) comments about the 2 UMs, I think they sound similar unlike Shure's line up. Weather the UM2 justify 3 times the cost or UM1, its up to you. headphone.gif

Westones at Adelphi? Man.. I didn't know that they're being sold locally. I'm currently aiming for the UM1 and would go down for an audition soon. smile.gif

Thanks for the tip off.

I'm surprised they allow demo on canal-phone. It is very personal item and i wouldn;t dare to put that has been used (not hygienic) in my own ears. no.gif

Been there done it. I bought one of each of the UM1 & UM2. The UM1 is a present for my nephew's birthday. I was reluctant to try them following elmo's comments, but they used new plugs (which they charged me-I think it is fair, so I did not mind) and gave me new UM1 & UM2 when I finally made the purchase.

I tested the UM1 against the Etymotic ER6i and in my opinion the UM1 was far better. I also tested the UM2 against the Etymotic ER4P and Shure E5C and it was a close call between the E5C and UM2. I decided on the UM2 as the price difference was rather substantial. I suppose if I had the extra cash to burn I would have purchased both.

Thanks guys for the advice and helping me make up my mind.