Sign in to follow this  
mjoex

Can someone tell me if this earphone is any good

Been there done it. I bought one of each of the UM1 & UM2. The UM1 is a present for my nephew's birthday. I was reluctant to try them following elmo's comments, but they used new plugs (which they charged me-I think it is fair, so I did not mind) and gave me new UM1 & UM2 when I finally made the purchase.

I tested the UM1 against the Etymotic ER6i and in my opinion the UM1 was far better. I also tested the UM2 against the Etymotic ER4P and Shure E5C and it was a close call between the E5C and UM2. I decided on the UM2 as the price difference was rather substantial. I suppose if I had the extra cash to burn I would have purchased both.

Thanks guys for the advice and helping me make up my mind.

how much did you buy the um1 and um2 for?

Mmmm... yes... but no earphone... biggrin.gif ... hey you're cool.

how much did you buy the um1 and um2 ?

Mmmm... yes... but no earphone... biggrin.gif ... hey you're cool.

Can i be your nephew too? And i want earphone/UM1, i dun need to be cool. lol.gif

Oh, now that I realise, afbug's also a member here...Its me fevernova from hardwarezone.... tongue.gif

!!! You din see my posts here before? blink.gif Oh yeh, you said your nick is razer before at hwz.

I paid, 230 for UM1 & 570 for UM2. He had two types, the yellow foam and the comply. I paid 7 for the comply so I could use it for testing.

If you like to try without paying, he will sterilize the foam tips before letting you try. You are also expected to clean your ears with the earbuds.

I am enjoying the UM2, sounds much better today than yesterday - I'm letting it run in the next couple of days.

Looks like they have got some more gadgets coming in... he did not say what though.

I paid, 230 for UM1 & 570 for UM2. He had two types, the yellow foam and the comply. I paid 7 for the comply so I could use it for testing.

If you like to try without paying, he will sterilize the foam tips before letting you try. You are also expected to clean your ears with the earbuds.

I am enjoying the UM2, sounds much better today than yesterday - I'm letting it run in the next couple of days.

Looks like they have got some more gadgets coming in... he did not say what though.

enjoy your um2's! headphone.gif

by the way, what's the name of the shop?

there's rumor that westone OEM for shure long ago. No wonder UM1 looks similar to e1c

Its confirm, so said westone over at headfi. E1 and E5 are made by them till Shure decide to shift production to mexico. UE is also link to them...... blink.gif

Name of the shop is..... I'm copying from his name card:

Jaben Network

1 Coleman Street

04-16, The Adelphi

Singapore 179803

Tel: 63370809

I checked the prices before buying..... after working out the freight cost, gst import duties, the ability to actually touch and feel it before buying..... any savings would have been very little.

I've been "burning" them since the purchase... it's sounding much much better. BTW, a friend of mine has a E5C and he compared it and he said he could not tell the difference..... I know this is subjective but that's what he said.