Sign in to follow this  
megasuperduper

Looking for cheap/good value headphones for noisy

Im looking for headphones below 200 that i can use to listen on the bus, without being bothered by TV mobile or the bus engine.

so far i saw sennheiser (either 202 or 212, cant remember) at tangs for 100 bucks and im thinking of maybe shelling out a little more to get HD280. are there any other alternatives with comparable price and quality?

you can consider the noise isolation in-ear phones like Shure. Other brands of in-ears are Etymotics and Weston.

Only have experience with the Shure e2c though.

Makes trips on the bus and MRT more bearable ...

Lots of threads here discussing the Shure and Etymotics

IEM's like Shure and Ety give the best isolation, but you probably should audition them somewhere first to see whether or not you like the earplug type fit, given it takes a while to get adjusted to it in the first place.

Another alternative is to try the lower end IEM's first such as the Pana HJE50 or Sony Ex71 and see how you like it and then move up to the higher end IEM's if you desire a higher fidelity sound and more isolation.

Which ever way you go, just give it some time and you'll get used to it and will never go without them again in noisy situations!

I'm not from singapore but I think I've read about people getting to audition UM2's, or was that on head-fi? Too much forum switching for me..... laugh.gif

If you can't cheaper semi-canalphones like the Panasonics and Sony's should get you adjusted to it, or dive head in!

Edited by renesis