Sign in to follow this  
Kube

Red shrink tubing...

Erm...I hope I don't sound silly, but how do you put the tubing on the soldering points? I mean, is it you place the tubing unto the wire, solder the wire to the point, then just push the tubing into place? And also, do they help alot?

it helps a lot.. i use a lot of them smile.gif all sizes. i even shrank a computer ide cable b4

leave it on the wire first, after soldering, just push tubing in place and use a ligher to shrink it.

its important for diy 3.5mm plugs etc cuz sometimes the ground and either left/right is v close to the plug casing.. easy short

no diff.. red/black people like to buy for polarity indication

i've used white, black, red, transparent, green b4. still got quite some stock left here and there

try not to use lighter but hair dryer/hot air gun instead cos if not careful u might burn/damage the cable insulation...

Sorry for the bump!

Where can i get a heat shrink tubing that have an unshrunk diameter of 10mm and shrunk to a diameter of 3mm? Is there such a thing? I never buy these things before, so is it sold? Per meter? Approx cost?

Anyone can help? Thanks! biggrin.gif

Edit:

If you got some extra, can sell me? I need only a few pieces of approx 1cm-2cm long. Prefer clear ones.

Edited by afbug