Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

Voltage adapter for PA2V2

I've received many pm regarding a compatible AC-DC voltage adapter for PA2V2 and despite my efforts to explain these are commonly available, I still get dubious feedback. To make things easier, Stereo Electronics has a variety of these with prices. Those with greater current output (will charge batteries faster) and more voltage selections will cost more, say about S$20'ish.

I recall Gary recommended a voltage adapter of minimum current of 300mA and a mini-plug to facilitate direct charging of the PA2V2.

Edited by Mackie

However, if using anything higher than 300mA please check that your rechargable batteries are able to take the current. 300mA should be OK for most of the rechargeables just that will take longer time to full charge for those newer high capacity ones. Since one charge can last quite a while I think it would be better to take out the batteries (troublesome as the cover is screws tightened) and charge by OEM charger.

I think it would be better to take out the batteries (troublesome as the cover is screws tightened) and charge by OEM charger.

That's what I do. No need to worry of overcharging too. Not as if need to change daily. At most I change the batteries once a week.

I got one leh. Useless to me cos i am using a Sanyo charger. blink.gif