viconte

Help needed regarding the Zhaolu

Hi all! biggrin.gif

1)I just wanna know whether in this URL http://www.zhaolu.com/products/product7.htm

the D1.x系列内置2.0解码器模块, are they selling the inner parts of zhaolu without the chassis or is it something else altogether?

http://www.zhaolu.com/products/d1.x/big4.htm

It shows the how to connect and the big circular thingy is the transformer? So I can presume it's the complete package of zhaolu without the chassis?

3)

Ok need help to decipher the pics:

Stock zhaolu:

user posted image

Is this power supply modded zhaolu?

user posted image

Is this headphone upgrade zhaolu?

user posted image

4) I actually leaning to get a new chassis, so if D1.x系列内置2.0解码器模块 is all the parts of the zhaolu w/o chassis, den I think i will just purchase it.

Anyone knows where I can get this Chassis, called 1923T or something (or recommend anything similar?) ?

user posted image

user posted image

and the gold knobs?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

5) Anyone knows where can i get the holes drilled to the 1923T gold chassis like the actual set inself? Or do you know of any diyer (yourself? biggrin.gif ) who does it?

user posted image

Many thanks in advance for any help given smile.gif

Cheers

Daniel

Edited by viconte

well.... the intergrated DAC+head amp is not very recommended by Chinese head-fier, where they have a lot of choices over there.

If you have some budget, i will suggest this:

Crystal DAC

user posted image

user posted image

I do not have his latest crystal DAC, but i have his previous DAC project, he's using premium parts, doesn't need much modding.even the transfomer is custom made.

since you have the HD650, i suggest this one, i tried it few months ago when a Chinese head-fier brought it over during his business trip, not bad though, but can commend much on the sound. the forum's review of the amp is party.gif

AM650

user posted image

Edited by huangyong