Sign in to follow this  
fuwen

MF A3 CD player skipping tracks

Hi! My few years old Musical Fidility A3 CD player tends to skip tracks for some of the CDs (apparently those with some dusts ones) lately.

Any simple things that I should do other than sending to the agent for servicing?

Thanks!

clean the cds and the lens as well. buy those cleaning cd with a little brush attached. stay away from solvent cleaners

I suggest opening the cdp and use a lens cleaing tissue with one drop of the liquid on the lens fuwen. While there put a little greese on the tracks (ceramic crease semms to work well). Use a toothpick or a clean/new satay stick. Use as little grease as possible and make sure the grease doesnt drop on the lens. If that doesnt work get the lens unti replaced.

Whatever you do be as careful as you can.

skip a bit during tracks, or skip the whole track??

Not consistent but normally skips during the same track.

Thanks Rameish and Mackie, I think your suggestions are do-able for me and will try out first. Hope that since some discs can playback well without problem most likely not due to faulty CD pich up lens.

If it always skips a particular track on any disc, then could be due to the alignment, common problem in CD players.

No DIY remedy for this, I would suggest to send it for service and they should only charge you for labour. cool.gif