Iceroyne

Got my HD595s..

Ya lor, dun scare me leh. Quite tempted liao. Can anyone comfirm?

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the store itself didn't give out warranty for the sennheiser and the panasonic iem. Still quite a deal though.

I'm not sure but, isn't the normal procedure for sennheiser 2-year warranty is to just keep the receipt and the warranty is provided by sennheiser themselves?

Senn will have warranty card. wacko.gif But not sure if its required for warranty claims or not.

Nah, I know Sennheiser HD595s doesn't come with a warranty card regardless where you bought it.

Edited by Iceroyne

I remembered seeing the warranty card folded and jammed into the box (All models except HD6X0 series, din sell) at Challenger a few months ago. At CK tangs, they keep in a drawer. Will give you if you buy a Senn headphone even a HD201 also have.

the price of branded stuff should not differ that much, unless it is parallel imported set.The rationale is this: if the saving is substantiate enuf to warrant buying a no-warranty set, by all means, go ahead.Just like those forumers who buy from overseas their high-end cans like K701 & HD650, they don't bother blush.gif anyway unlike electronic stuff, how often does a hdph breaks down??...that's why i m eyeing at HD 650 below $600 at one of the shop:rolleyes: still need to save,sigh

actually, since someone mentioned the 595 is made in china, so i searched the chinese website. the retail price of the 595 in china is from 880 RMB (promotional price) to 1260 RMB (web price). which is from 175 to 255 SGD, i think if u bought in china with receipt in china you can still get the 2 years warranty, since Sennheiser is international warranty. why this model's price now is so good? this make me give it up and look for better one. sigh~

http://www.shbear.com/2/lib/200512/18/20051218003.htm 880 RMB but has little scratches mentioned on the web page

update: the standard retail price of 595 in china is 1200 RMB which is less than 240 SGD, if you know chinese search 森海塞尔 595 as the keyword on google

Edited by wenjia

actually, since someone mentioned the 595 is made in china, so i searched the chinese website. the retail price of the 595 in china is from 880 RMB (promotional price) to 1260 RMB (web price). which is from 175 to 255 SGD, i think if u bought in china with receipt in china you can still get the 2 years warranty, since Sennheiser is international warranty. why this model's price now is so good? this make me give it up and look for better one. sigh~

http://www.shbear.com/2/lib/200512/18/20051218003.htm 880 RMB but has little scratches mentioned on the web page

update: the standard retail price of 595 in china is 1200 RMB which is less than 240 SGD, if you know chinese search 森海塞尔 595 as the keyword on google

Hope counterfeit is not an issue here as in China, as I saw some forums warn about counterfeit product such as this type of high-end headphone. mellow.gif

Hope counterfeit is not an issue here as in China, as I saw some forums warn about counterfeit product such as this type of high-end headphone.

if someone is able to make counterfeit of sennheiser product, then at least they are better than phillips. biggrin.gif

imitation is mission impossible for headphone no matter how good is made in china LV bags and VCD DVD reverse engieering techology. dry.gif

Hope counterfeit is not an issue here as in China, as I saw some forums warn about counterfeit product such as this type of high-end headphone.

if someone is able to make counterfeit of sennheiser product, then at least they are better than phillips. biggrin.gif

imitation is mission impossible for headphone no matter how good is made in china LV bags and VCD DVD reverse engieering techology. dry.gif

In case you are not aware, you will be supprise. Counterfeit things indeed happen there even things like massage chair. Howcome? I think because of the local OEM who produce & supply partly/wholly the parts. mellow.gif

Edited by AhDU

I once came across a fake E4c in china that I can't tell the different until the guy told me its fake.... I think I read somewhere Shure USA crack a counterfeit shipment in Thailand just late last year. scary......

All sennheiser should have warranty card, but they also need to check your receipt that you purchase on the date you stated on the warranty card ( clever move) and that you made your purchase from a local dealer since its local warranty. Heng my headphone broke down before the warranty expire..... sleep.gif

I've seen counterfeit earbuds or IEMs before, but counterfeit real-sized headphones I've yet to see. Massage chairs are massage chairs, they're not audiophile headphones...

Well this thread is going places, I've still yet to see a real source saying Sennheisers come with warranty cards, because so far I've found that they don't, the PX100 I bought from an authorized reseller a few years back did not come with a warranty card.

As for the HD595s I purchased, I'm pretty sure it's the real thing, it looks exactly the same, had that damp musty smell when I purchased it, had the according headphone stand and the headband with leather, and sounds great. And seriously, why would anyone counterfeit audiophile headphones since the relatively small market, and the few people in it should know what they're buying.