Sign in to follow this  
nakedtoes

Just got this from Ma6Jia

Each for $70?? blink.gif ..

Ehhh..... yah.... $70 each. Inside this lovely amp are 5 tubes,2 are the 6N11 which is now E88CC.

Try it,u will love it too! =)

However,theres cheaper tubes available too,for eg. Electro Harmonix.

Search around the internet,lots of info available! =)

Next thing I need to do is perhaps upgrade to SR225. What do u guys think?

If I were you, I would carefully carry this amp down to either stereo electronics or Jaben (if you want to consider Alessandros). They will allow you to set it up with their source there.

SR80 to SR225, the difference will be there but maybe not as entertaining as a new house sound altogether. You should try everything to see what you like best.

I said earlier in my post I had this amp for my Grados 80.

AFter sometime of listening,one of my 6N11 tubes spoilt,on the left side. The sound out of it it very soft.

So I changed the orignal 6N11 to Siemens E88CC tubes recommended by an uncle in a shop in Bugis.Each cost me $70.

Btw,after changing to the new tubes and the better sound,I'm more fasinated by the different tubes in the market and how they sound now. Did a little research and found that Telefunkens sounds really GREAT too!

wah.. siemens price go up already? the last time i got a pair was 65 each. sold them for 45 each later on after rolling.

telefunkens.. they cost 200 a piece wacko.gifwacko.gif

Next thing I need to do is perhaps upgrade to SR225. What do u guys think?

If I were you, I would carefully carry this amp down to either stereo electronics or Jaben (if you want to consider Alessandros). They will allow you to set it up with their source there.

SR80 to SR225, the difference will be there but maybe not as entertaining as a new house sound altogether. You should try everything to see what you like best.

WOW! They can let me setup my amp there and test the headphones? Seriously I am considering Senheisser 650 or Grado SR225.

I wanted a larger and further soundstage.

After reading articles about 225,I believed it should roughly gives me wat I want,maybe. =)

Hmm,maybe with my July bonus? Its coming soon!hahaha........

I said earlier in my post I had this amp for my Grados 80.

AFter sometime of listening,one of my 6N11 tubes spoilt,on the left side. The sound out of it it very soft.

So I changed the orignal 6N11 to Siemens E88CC tubes recommended by an uncle in a shop in Bugis.Each cost me $70.

Btw,after changing to the new tubes and the better sound,I'm more fasinated by the different tubes in the market and how they sound now. Did a little research and found that Telefunkens sounds really GREAT too!

wah.. siemens price go up already? the last time i got a pair was 65 each. sold them for 45 each later on after rolling.

telefunkens.. they cost 200 a piece wacko.gifwacko.gif

WAH!!!! Telefunkens are 200 a piece!?

MY GOSH!

But I believed the quality is superb. 1 $ = 1 quality. Hehe..

** Nakedtoes, $70 a piece is not the ex. one. Hehehe....

Edited by edwinywh

hmm...Can I know where in SG sells tubes arh? so far I only saw 1 or 2 in SLT and 1 in Burlington Sq...

Im probably getting this from Ma6Jia next week or so and Im kinda interested in this tube rolling thingy that is veery new to me...

Helpful shop owners would be great!

Yeah,I got mine from Burlington Square. Friendly uncle though. But no discount.

default probably $3 or $4?

Please tell me where U get this quote so I can order 10 pieces. Or is it "guestimation"?

Info on 6N11

http://www.diyhifisupply.com/diyhs_tj-factory-trip.htm

seen that website a while back

6n11 you mean these? been sitting in my spare parts drawer ever since i retired them from a burn in. didnt like the burn in sound anyway. took a painful 150 hours. although the EH-non gold pin didnt sound much better. the gold pin was much more excellent a tube.

user posted image

interested in similar ones? check a reseller at http://www.xh-audio.com 35 rmb for a piece. $6+ at current exchange rates.

else if you think $6 is too pricey for a tube from a reseller, there are 6922s going for $4+ on ebay. find a friend in china who knows where to scout, i think you can bring in a hundred pieces for keeping in the range of $3-4. you could probably ask ma6jia to scout around. who knows you might be able to strike it rich nxt time. just like i'm impressed by frankie's humongous amount of mullard ecc81s in stock.. wouldnt want to think too much of the cost at which he swept them for.

take a visit to wiwi tubes too http://www.wiwitubes.com/

they price western tubes a little high but dont know about their pricing on china tubes since china's sorta "local" now. they reply your email quite quickly, just in a couple of days.

Thanks for the info but tube ain't my best vehicle of investment nor getting rich by it. Well at least now I know where to get replacement tubes for my 708A, aside from 6922s.