Sign in to follow this  
aaron-xp

Creative vs Apple

Well, not too long ago, Creative had Paris Hilton to promote its Zen Micro yea?

And THAT was the final nail into the coffin for me. I'm never going to use a Creative mp3 player. :))

Who or which band would you prefer?

Usually, I buy a product based on its own merits. The problem with endorsement comes when they use a person I cannot stand, then suddenly that product is off-limits for me. Like Seiko using (yucks) Ekin Cheng to promote their watches. Paris Hilton? Bleah. But of course, if I've already bought the product in question, then no big deal. But I will also usually never buy anything else from the same company again. The only exception is if George Dubya Bush suddenly endorses Grado I'll be pouring kerosene on my RS-1s and setting them on fire. Errmm...nah, I'll just sell them. :)) My behaviour is not uncommon amongst consumers, so celebrity endorsement is often a double edged sword for companies marketing their products. :))

I personally prefer the Ipod line because its a lot more consistent. And there are more accessories available for it. Creative is a lot less focused, its quite confusing following their product lineup. And their lawsuit against Apple makes them look pretty bad to a lot of people, which will also have an effect on their overall sales.

cool... you managed to bring this thread back on topic :)

Well, for many (not all though) of the Apple supporters, supporting Apple regardless of what they do is a definite must. That is, unless they start changing the designs of their players.

Guest joi-ful

I'm not too concerned with the brand of the player, so long they have a good SQ, support a reasonably wide range of file formats and have a friendly user interface.

Sometimes though, i wish that Creative's 'radical' designs can be much nicer.... Now i kinda sian my micro liao