Sign in to follow this  
hower

Grado Headphone

With the small head-cup, is it comfortable compared to the like of Beyerdynamic or Sennheiser which cover the whole ear?

actually I find my grados more comfortable than my senn HD600, cuz the clamping effect is not so great. Esp if the grados you use are the plastic or wood ones, then its even lighter and you won't even feel them on your head. Only thing would be the bowl pads might make the ears a little sore, but not an issue really. I can wear them non-stop in the office for the whole day.

Just bought the SR80 recently... initially my ears feels sore after abt an hour of use... after abt a month, the headband gets loosen and it's more comfortable now... or maybe i've gotten used to it...

welcome to the Grado club.... You can try reverse the bowl pad or get the SEN 414 pad (yellow color).. both are more comfortable and each of them sound different too.. happy experimenting with them..

i had found my sr60 headband tight too initially ... read a suggestion that you bend the headband slightly so it's more of a "u" shape. i tried that and it's very comfortable now.

the sound with the senn 414 earpad is interesting too. just changed it yesterday.

happy listening.

That is interesting, never come across in my mind that earpad have influence on sound too.

I tried on the Grado, but honestly I dun really like the feeling. Because I usually listen while lying on my bed, seems like a Beyer or Senn is a better choice (it will not drop out) yawn.gif

Guys,I might need a bit of help here.

I got a SR-80.ALthough it sounds really great after burn in. But I thinking of changing the stock cable.

However,how to pry the thingy open to access to the wires??

Any recommendations for the wires too?

haha. i'm like viewing topgun's link, the ones where they modding the cable, with transformer's theme song playing in background. rofl.

anyway, anyone has any interesting mods that they've tried that can be easily changed back to stock (cos i don't wanna void my warranty)?

err... asides from changing pads, of course. haha. i didnt dare going out with socks on my ears.