Sign in to follow this  
fallraen

iPod - Shuffle or Nano?

Which do you prefer? Shuffle or Nano!  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hi guys, i would just like to know if there is any audio difference between the Nano and Shuffle. As I plan to get either of them.

I have used my friends Nano and I find that the sound quality is not bad, loud too. My previous few mp3 players and even the creative ones that I have tried don't quite meet my expectations. I feel that they are too soft. :S

Opinions on the Shuffle, Nano, would be well appreciated!

Oh and does Stereo Electronics sell iPod's? Many thanks!

Edited by fallraen

General opinion on iPods is that the Shuffle and 5th Gen (iPod with Video) rules the roost when it comes to sound quality. This is probably because the Shuffle and 5th (not sure about this one though) uses a Sigmatel chipset whereas the other iPods uses Portalplayer.

Of course I find the idea of the Shuffle dumb (but that's my opinion), but hey, if you can do without a screen go ahead.

Stereo Electronics only sells iRiver I think.

SE carry iPods as well. They have the Shuffle, Nano and I think 5G as well if I remember right.

Oh okay, I didn't know about the chipsets part. I shall check it out, but yea i can make do without a screen. Its so gonna be weird tho. :S

I find that the sound quality is not bad, loud too

Did you all know that Steve Jobs is partially deaf? The iPod is loud so that steve can hear it...

SE told me that they just sold out on the 1Gb Shuffles. It must have been you. haha. Enjoy!

Problem would e the battery though. One'd be lucky to have the Nano running over 8 hours on the average with Rockbox on. The team's still working on it smile.gif

SE told me that they just sold out on the 1Gb Shuffles. It must have been you. haha. Enjoy!

Guess that's me, it looks and sounds excellent to me, 100% satisfaction, it sure gets my vote, try it out or I must say get one laugh.gif

I prefer the shuffle over nano although the latter looks really cool and offers lots of preset eq for different music genre. Shuffle sounds more open and smoother, IMHO. Another reason behind this preference is I'm still very much a cd guy even for portable system, hence, the shuffle wins hands down in terms of value for money.

i own a shuffle.. kinda hard to beat it for sound quality among the rest of the mp3 players.. even the nomad jukebox 3.. but to be fair, both players which i mentioned have their strengths and the njb3 has a line out while the shuffle has the best headphone out so far.