Sign in to follow this  
Username

AKG K81DJ

Does anyone know where can I find the AKG K81DJ locally in Singapore, if it is available in retail, may I also know the price of the phones. Thanks! :D

Appreciate any help!

stereo might have them. Got it for $120 there abouts.. call them to ask as I took the last piece quite some time ago. You can call up asia sound to ask, or check with hung bros.

I know Asia sound has them but since they quoted me higher than both hung bros, which didn't have stock, I bought the last available piece from Stereo instead.

Edited by viix

Sound is good for the price, except the bass is at ritcher 8!! If you don't like bass, dun get it. I hated it for jazz & lounge, but put in some electronic, and it sings. It's a DJ phone so it's great for beat mixing and monitoring.. did a tweak I read at headfi's k81 thread and it help tone down the bass abit. For it's price, it's one of the best sub $200 close headphone.

PS, dun bother amping this phone. it's great just as it is and doesn't improve on amping.

PS, dun bother amping this phone. it's great just as it is and doesn't improve on amping.

May I know what headphone amp are you using?

S_E:

Thanks for letting me know, they seem to sell really well. :)

i was testing the K81DJ at SE on Thu...

yeah, it's supra-aural. the cups aren't that small though (bigger than PX200's tiny ones for sure) and do a pretty good job of covering my ears.

btw, it sounds pretty good. Comfort though may be a problem. The headband seems rather short and the top of it was pressing down on my head... does AKG expect DJs to have smaller or rounder heads? :shrug:

Edited by kehyi

Why dun u try Beyer DJX-1?

They look kinda large for semi-portable usage and besides, they are visually too loud.

I was looking for a viable cheaper alternative to the HD25-1 for a portable close phone which isn't too big. Supraaural is fine with me.

Edited by Username

thought about that phone, but I want a end-all portable closed phone not wanting to buy the K26p and wonder how the K81DJ will sound like. Also the K26p is said to be thick and bassy, I like bright sound, but don't mind a slightly bass-heavy phone (ala PortaPro). But thick sludgey bass are no no. The portapros maintained a sparkly treble (slightly grainy perhaps) and a tight enough bass for me.

Bro, you take a look at AT's offering? ES5 and ES7 looks good.

thought about that phone, but I want a end-all portable closed phone not wanting to buy the K26p and wonder how the K81DJ will sound like. Also the K26p is said to be thick and bassy, I like bright sound, but don't mind a slightly bass-heavy phone (ala PortaPro). But thick sludgey bass are no no. The portapros maintained a sparkly treble (slightly grainy perhaps) and a tight enough bass for me.

Do note, when I put on the phones, the headband sits quite tightly on my head with the cups positioned over my ears. if your head is too big, the phones would be too small.. my head's relatively large so it shouldn't be a problem for most people (lol, i wear a size 7 1/2 head dress in the army)

I've not heard the 26p but the k81 is really bassy and thick. You might not like it.. but removing the inner sponge (just pull it out) help tighten and lessens the bass a bit. Why not try it at stereo first with your source?

Amping it with pa2v2 via lineout, against headphone out, there wasn't any improvement, because of it's bass. It's probably the design on the cups which is why amping won't improve the sonic, in fact it made the bass more forward when what you might want is to tame it.

But once you are outdoors, the bass is a welcome in noisy environments :cans: