Sign in to follow this  
av98m

Return of Mad Mod World:

"such simple circuit.."

Yes it simple once someone put it together the circuit but to come out the simple circuit it take many sun and moon. :lol:

"such simple circuit.."

Yes it simple once someone put it together the circuit but to come out the simple circuit it take many sun and moon. :lol:

Indeed :lol:

It's like fried rice. A very "simple" dish but to do it well requires proper ingredient selection(only a few ingredients, but they must be fresh and of high quality) and requires that the chef has a good foundation in all the basic skills of chinese cooking, such as control of the fire/heat, skill with the wok, timing etc. This is why it is sooo hard to get good fried rice in restaurants. :))

The design is anything but simple. I have no idea what gave you that impression.

two Opamp, with what looks like a single JFET biased Class A.

two voltage regulators, with what looks like a dual rail power supply.

lots of Wima MKP 0.1uF/160V caps with what looks like a crossfeed circuit, or a CRC filter, perhaps?

yet i have idea the the use of the 8 TO-220 parts below the RCA jacks.

mind to explain what exactly did you do? looks like an unbuffered headamp.

The design is anything but simple. I have no idea what gave you that impression.

two Opamp, with what looks like a single JFET biased Class A.

two voltage regulators, with what looks like a dual rail power supply.

lots of Wima MKP 0.1uF/160V caps with what looks like a crossfeed circuit, or a CRC filter, perhaps?

yet i have idea the the use of the 8 TO-220 parts below the RCA jacks.

mind to explain what exactly did you do? looks like an unbuffered headamp.

hey doc, tt's what excatly I thought, with the active components count, not too complicated.

the circuit looks more like CRC to me, as crossfeed generally has more resistor than caps, if i m not wrong.

Wait for the remaining modifications to be completed,probably in a week's time and all shall be explained(the photos only show partial views). :)) In its original form, it has served me reliably without fail for over 2 years of heavy usage giving an extremely high level of performance beating several commerical units that I've heard. Which is a lot more than can be said for a whole series of projects started but never finished(or just flat out failed) that I've seen here. All by the same person no less. :lol:

And yes its a headphone amp and preamp. The old timers should be well familiar with this unit.

Edited by av98m