Sign in to follow this  
aaron-xp

DAPs

Saw that on another forum. Thanks anyway, but I can't afford a 8GB player.

Looking at Dell's advertisement for Zen Sleek 20GB (on the same page), only US$199. Sigh...

From DAPreview:

SanDisk Sansa price drops, more e280 proof

comment: 24 | Wednesday, July 12 (2006) 12:41AM | Posted by Lone

SanDisk has announced a drop in price for many of their digital audio players, including the e260 and e250, which are now $ 200 and $ 150 direct, respectively (with a limited free case offer). The cheaper c100's and m200's have also decreased in price, though most of SanDisk's models are quite a bit cheaper if you buy them from various webshops.

Also, hiding on SanDisk's site is a picture of the once-rumored e280 (8 GB), now visible under the e250/60 flash demo. Well, it says 8 GB on the back at least, I doubt it's a typo

It seems SanDisk is gunning to push this out ahead of the next iPod Nano iteration, which many expect to get a bump in capacity as well. I'd really like to see an 8 GB player, but even more so I'd like SanDisk to work out the few little bugs in the e200's first and foremost (eliminate the headphone out noise, improve on-board playlisting, perhaps space out the playback buttons).

LINK via AnythingButiPod

Thanks, zip22

Isn't it looking attractive? How much do the dealers in Singapore sell them for?

Sorry for digging up this thraed, but what do you guys think of the Zen V.

Sigh, old habits die hard, seems like Creative has quite a cool player here. :P

Looks really sleek, though I wonder where it can be gotten in Singapore. Also, another question is reliability, especially for a relatively unknown brand.

Deciding...

Rather taken in by the Zen V's design, and okay set of features.

Although the E10 and the Clix still attract me more, the prices seem way off. Saw Stereo's promotion on Samsung's YP-Z5F, but don't need speakers or PX100. The YP-Z5F seems quite a good choice though.

Sigh, choices... I could either choose another DAP (around 2GB onwards, at most $300), an amp (which is rather unlikely, given my rather crappy sources) or a guitar (which I would need to learn how to play).

Digital Rights Media. You need either Windows XP SP2 or Windows Media Player 11 to transfer playable music files to them.

When transferring files from other OSes, you can only transfer as data files and music files will not be regarded as music files.

(Its the same thing as an iPod needing an iTunes like software for music transfer)

Go check out what DRM is. I'm more or less an anti-DRM guy because if a consumer pays for a product, the consumer deserves freedom in using that product, not be restricted to how a developer wants the consumer to use it.

Oh... as in not UMS?

Just like the Clix? Shouldn't be mcu ha problem to me though, though it may be rather inconvinient, but I hardly, if ever, transfer music files around with other computers.

For me its important, because working with animation and design, I often switch between Mac and Windows =)