Sign in to follow this  
aaron-xp

DAPs

:b2t:

Went around Sim Lim Square today. Prices rather high. Hung Bros closed. None carry the Zen V also.

Sigh, even their Sansa e250 is $290, let alone the U10, which is high-end $300+.

Edited by aaron-xp

Digital Rights Media. You need either Windows XP SP2 or Windows Media Player 11 to transfer playable music files to them.

When transferring files from other OSes, you can only transfer as data files and music files will not be regarded as music files.

(Its the same thing as an iPod needing an iTunes like software for music transfer)

Go check out what DRM is. I'm more or less an anti-DRM guy because if a consumer pays for a product, the consumer deserves freedom in using that product, not be restricted to how a developer wants the consumer to use it.

Correction, it's digital rights management. :P

Guest joi-ful

:b2t

:dance: I pretty much prefer my Zen Micro over any of the players mentioned though... What exactly happened when you said your Micro gave up on you?? Hard disk failure?

Edited by joi-ful

I'd tend to think that the headphone jack went awry.

Zen Microes have a notorious reputation with regard to weak headphone jacks.

Some people pointed out that this is a weak soldering problem I think, so a number of DIYers who own the Zen Micro just solder the HPO jack into place.

my friend had lotsa problems with the zen as well.

headphone jack problem.

and batteries are a real b*tch. keeps dying after like 6 months. and have to keep buying new batts.

says he regrets ever getting it.

Micro needs alot of love and tending to if you want it to last. Mine's over 1 year old now, several probs. Took some time to fix them, and now it's alright.

Not really sure. The screen hangs at the startup. Not too much problem with the jack though, I have seen many cases of such.

May send for repair.

Guest joi-ful

Mine also has got this headjack problem, but mine's quite minor, so long you dont shift the phone jack it's ok. The batt only gives me 6+hrs now... Now for me it's tahan lo, I'd rather get new headphones then a new dap.

Personally, I find Zen micro to be very good sounding. However, to listen to it at it's best, you'd have to go custom eq and set everything flat. The 'normal' mode doesn't sound as clean.