Sign in to follow this  
xkcwlx

Eartips

Hey I just wanted to know what are the most common types of eartips that you guys use.

I'm currenlty using the shorter foam eartips that came with the UM1s but I kind of feel they don't provide very good sound. Good enough, probably, but I tried the longer foam eartips and the sound was better. Problem was I think they were a little too long for my ear canal so they tended to cause the drivers to stick out a an odd angle and they sometimes caused a bit of discomfort (the harder rubber inside the eartip was poking at the wall of my ear).

I've been hearing about modified Tri-Flange to Bi-Flange eartips... are they better? Or should I just stick to my short foam eartips?

Thanks!

Am in your shoes, especially about the long and short comply foams.

Have tried the shure clear flex, found the sound more open, at the cost of substantially less isolation though.

Try the long comply foams again, but try not to push too deep, not allowing the rubber part to bother you. You'll either get used to it, or never will, but the long complys are really the best, when you value the isolation:sound ratio (created this term myself :P ).

The short complys are the most comfortable and provide the highest isolation IMO. I'm now using the modded Shure's Bi-Flanges which will be my permanent tip of choice. They are generally less muffled sounding and easier to manage but does not provide the isolation of the complys. The complys needs to be changed frequently which makes it a less economical solution for heavy users. The pair of shure's flanges will cost you about a pair of apple stock earbuds.

Hi,

Currently using Shure's Ultra soft sleeve (Grey) on my UM1. Comfort and provide me with a good tight bass. The short foam eartips work well on me but have to agree with you that the longer foam eartips tend to cause my driver to stick out in an odd angle...