Sign in to follow this  
iynaix

Question about custom earmolds?

Can anyone present photographs of your IEMs with custom earmolds? Is it possible to fabricate a mold for Super.fi 5 Pro (removable like sleeves)?

Thanks all.

Haha.. i was wanting to ask if any users have done custom earmolds with other brands IEMs than Westone. I am interested to find out how the IEM will eventually fit into the earmolds.

I'm using a Super.fi 5Pro now. It looked quite high profile with the shape like a 'Y'. I was worried that it would seem really look funny with the IEM and the custom molds. Just like 2 bolts out of my head. :DD

hehe i'm so weak-willed that it's a disgrace.

i've decided to take advantage of Jaben's promo tmr and go for the UM56. but one question if i may:

it was mentioned in another thread that it was quite difficult to insert the earmolds. how exactly difficult was it? as in hard to slide in due to friction (which explains the otoease recommendation) or awkward shape of earmold getting into position?

hehe i'm so weak-willed that it's a disgrace.

i've decided to take advantage of Jaben's promo tmr and go for the UM56. but one question if i may:

it was mentioned in another thread that it was quite difficult to insert the earmolds. how exactly difficult was it? as in hard to slide in due to friction (which explains the otoease recommendation) or awkward shape of earmold getting into position?

Well... the customs were very difficult to insert in the beginning mainly cause i wasn't used to it. I had to use the Oto-Ease to help me insert it in. Now after 1 month of using them they're as easy to insert as a biflange and they dun hurt as much. I've since stopped using the Oto Ease. Only use them when i think my customs need an anti-bacterial treatment. :)