Sign in to follow this  
yoshiki

shortening of earphone wires

anyone tried it?

might want LHS to cut off the remote of my im716 at the middle and place it at the part nearer to the headphone plug.....

whats the different between Neutrik L-angled plug and other normal headphone plug?

eg. http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....highlight=im716

Edited by dle4e_2005

' date='10 Sep 2006, 01:50 AM' post='77934']

An L-angled plug will not put too much strain on the headphone jack when u twist it here and there, and will not loosen it too much comapred to a straight jack.

BTW, i prefer right-angled plugs because they are basically more durable. :P

But that's just me.. what about others?

thanks for the explanation....

Can LHS help me completely change my cable from white to black?

or maybe change to those cable like the UM1/2?

thanks for the explanation....

Can LHS help me completely change my cable from white to black?

or maybe change to those cable like the UM1/2?

You want robert or the unkle to go blind? :D

if you intend to ask them to operate earphones or worst iem.

You can change the wire completely but if it's a earphone I suggest you do not try it as you are very likely to damage the driver if you have no experience doing this. Also the trype of wire for earphones/iem are of litz construction and can be a PITA to solder in a a small enclosure. Much safer to cut the "wire" to slightly longer then desired length, tie a knot after slipping the cable trhough the housing, check that the length from knot to solder point is not too long or short. Then solder. Check if joints made are good (there should be music playing through while wiggling the wire. Then use nail varnish to cover any exposed wire and heat shrink if you can. Now that you are sure that the connection is good, pot the housing with epoxy and screw tight. That way your wire's shouldnt oxidise and the knot will be held in place even if you turn the plug 360 degrees (after the epoxy has hardened of course).

Good luck - you'll need it.

PS dont ask me to do this - it's a PITA and I will probably charge you more then the earbud if worth LOL.