Sign in to follow this  
headphone2004

Need your opinion: Creative Zen 20GB or Iriver H10 5GB

Would like to buy a second hand mp3 player, do u guys think which is better in term of performance as the price different is only 10-20 dollars? Sorry for asking this stupid question. Thanks.

Well, if you're purely looking at storage capacity, it's a bo brainer (20gb vs 5 gb :)) )

Anyway, I bought the Zen 20gb to replace the Iriver H10. Although the H10 looked sleek and gorgeous, and comes with a colour screen, it's the sound quality of the Zen that won me over. After all, you're not going to be looking at the screen all the time, right?

Anyway, audition the 2 and see which player's sound signature you like.

Just got Ipod with color display 60GB from Best Denki at clearance price $480, free casing + USB charger. Is it a good deal? I was attracted to the 60GB storage space and don't need the video function offered by current 5G.

Edited by Elac

Just got Ipod with color display 60GB from Best Denki at clearance price $480, free casing + USB charger. Is it a good deal? I was attracted to the 60GB storage space and don't need the video function offered by current 5G.

redwine mod and it perfect...

Freaking expensive , is the redwine mid ...

Don't do that unless you don't mind spending about the same price of an iPod modding this ...

Whitewine mod ai mai? I do cheap cheap for you. :P $80 only. $40 to buy white wine, $40 service charge to pour it over your player. :bash:

Personally, I think it is not worth to do it unless you want to use your iPod primary at home. No CDs at all.

for that price, you only get a minor improvement only high end purist will identify with. I believe in achieving sweetspots in terms of value for money. :cans: save the rest of the cash to enjoy the music.

Many people tend to spend TOO MUCH time and effort in the equipment and forgot the fact that music is to be enjoyed. :dance:

for that price, you only get a minor improvement only high end purist will identify with. I believe in achieving sweetspots in terms of value for money. :cans: save the rest of the cash to enjoy the music.

Many people tend to spend TOO MUCH time and effort in the equipment and forgot the fact that music is to be enjoyed. :dance:

From what I've heard, after modding, the redwine ipod can rival mid range CD players. I think that's pretty good for US$200. Furthermore, some people may already have digitized their music collection and are already utilizing lossless files. Choosing to go with the redwine mod, then, is a no brainer.

I do agree that music can still be enjoyed without good equipment, but it is so much nicer to enjoy when the audio quality is good!