Sign in to follow this  
kentgh

Finally got an IEM - The UM1

i'll be looking for him next week though ... My birthday week , so can get money and revive my UM2 and get the earmolds done ...

waaa...

UM2 is exp sia...

wish my get UM2 but out of my budget leh...

haizzz...

Mine was damaged , will take it to Uncle wilson and ask him to help me repair lor ...

otherwise it will become a really expensive earplug ...

Can I ask how you guys maintain UM1 comfy earbud? Can it be wash under water? Don't wanna spend additional $ to buy expensive cleaning soluton. Any household item which I can make use of?

Can I ask how you guys maintain UM1 comfy earbud? Can it be wash under water? Don't wanna spend additional $ to buy expensive cleaning soluton. Any household item which I can make use of?

It cannot be washed ... you either change eartips to those silicon ones or change the complys every 3 weeks

It cannot be washed ... you either change eartips to those silicon ones or change the complys every 3 weeks

Huh? Really? where got the kind of money to change every 3 weeks... :no:

Which silicon you guys recommend which is comparable to the complys? :cans:

Huh? Really? where got the kind of money to change every 3 weeks... :no:

Which silicon you guys recommend which is comparable to the complys? :cans:

There are the shure & ety tri-flanges ... and the Shure soft gray flex sleeves

the tri-flanges needs a little mod to get the right fit ya

Get some hydrogen peroxide and let the foamies be dipped in it for a while (eg 5min-15min), take it out, rinse thoroughly with water, and dip it in again for another time for the same duration, then take it out again, rinse thoroughly again and then place it in a mocrowave oven and bake it.

This is what I gather from the foamie users over at HF.

Get some hydrogen peroxide and let the foamies be dipped in it for a while (eg 5min-15min), take it out, rinse thoroughly with water, and dip it in again for another time for the same duration, then take it out again, rinse thoroughly again and then place it in a mocrowave oven and bake it.

HMM ... why hydrogen peroxide ?

It's a strong disinfectant. Though I don't think it would work too well with comply tips :P

It's a strong disinfectant. Though I don't think it would work too well with comply tips :P

Yeah , i know it is strong disinfectant but how does it restore the original shape retaining quality of the complies

I think the main purpose here is hygiene, because with IEM's you're sticking it pretty deep into the ear canal. I've seen complies that look absolutely filthy....with GREEN stuff on it :yuck: Can't imagine sticking them into your ear :blink:

I think the steps detailed by Zephyron refer to the yellow foamies....they look and feel like sponges, and can probably stand up to the soaking and microwaving. Can they work on the comply tips? Their feel & consistency make them more like rubber than sponges. They look like they may disintegrate when you soak them :P

I think the main purpose here is hygiene, because with IEM's you're sticking it pretty deep into the ear canal. I've seen complies that look absolutely filthy....with GREEN stuff on it :yuck: Can't imagine sticking them into your ear :blink:

I think the steps detailed by Zephyron refer to the yellow foamies....they look and feel like sponges, and can probably stand up to the soaking and microwaving. Can they work on the comply tips? Their feel & consistency make them more like rubber than sponges. They look like they may disintegrate when you soak them :P

yeah ... it feels abit like latex foam and with a thin layer of polymer on the outside ... The complys should be more fragile bah ... even if it is not the foam that melt , the central soft plastic core would be prone to be so ...