Sign in to follow this  
neutralzz

getting into the soha madness?

4 parts requiring order paid at RS already... the opamp, l78l12, l79l12, and the j113 coming in abt 3-4 days time.. :mellow:

be careful with the TO92 packaged 78L12 and 79L12,they are not same with TO220 packaged LM7812,LM7912.

bleargh forgive the ugly hole will camouflage it later

lazy to use my RTX cuz it generates too much powdery dust.. so used my drill and revved away

FYI,I would like use sand paper wrap up a pencil to smooth the drill border ;)

4 parts requiring order paid at RS already... the opamp, l78l12, l79l12, and the j113 coming in abt 3-4 days time.. :mellow:

be careful with the TO92 packaged 78L12 and 79L12,they are not same with TO220 packaged LM7812,LM7912.

LM78L12ACZ and LM79L12ACZ correct?

IPB Image

' date='28 Jul 2006, 04:31 AM' post='71395']

Any pics of the casing neutralzz?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

the iec socket as you can see i over-cut the width but its ok probably gonna find something to patch later or camouflage it.. very tight fit though.. dont think i can take the socket out easily anymore

neutralz, where did you get that iec socket and rca? Thx

neutralz, where did you get that iec socket and rca? Thx

the IEC was from kaichin in slt, the non-industrial one

the RCAs were from martin electronics

just did up a little bit of soldering.. decided to test my fat tipped iron on this fine job.. argh!! quite a bit of suspense.. considering the cost of this board.. have to be very careful..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

roar the shop i went to for 1% caps were out of 11k, no choice decided to series a 10k and a 1k..

i use quite a lot of soldering grease to ensure maximal wettability.. cleared up the mess with a piece of tissue which explains that white bit stuck..

thank god it was wonder solder.. with grease it becomes very wettable so i just need to let the solder flow down the wire and seeps into the hole forming a good joint :) had quite a bit of excess solder.. inverted the board and applied the iron to let the excess solder flow down the excess wire before cutting the excess wire bits off

so far so good.. all connections intact.. tested all soldered parts for connectivity with my multi meter using other unsoldered points that are along the connective tracks..

the caps will go on after i've done most of the fine bits.. hope i dont botch them up as they are the costliest bits of this.. madness :P

btw a query here for the db102g

on the board the + and - are on adjacent/diagonal sides whereas those i have are like these in the picture + and - along the same side

is this the correct db102? farnell only had this..

IPB Image

btw a query here for the db102g

on the board the + and - are on adjacent/diagonal sides whereas those i have are like these in the picture + and - along the same side

is this the correct db102? farnell only had this..

IPB Image

ookie no issue.. after looking at the schematic, and testing the db102g no issues at all.

just threw on the trim pots.. maybe gonna do the rca wires tonight

hmm.. did the signal lines... had an idea actually..

decided to strip my spare belden 89259, used a penknife to slit along the insulation gently to expose the shielding and core..

removed the core from the shielding.. and slotted in 2 strands of 20 awg p-occ wires... soldered the shielding to the signal ground on one end.. i.e. rca end

wrapped the teflon insulation back.. and heat shrinked the whole thing..

so its now sorta.. 1 copper shield and 2 teflon shields for the signal line.. hope it turns out well

IPB Image