Sign in to follow this  
aaron-xp

Zen Neeon 2

now forgetting the zen v plus has not been offically launched also...

i've kinda given up on Creative.

My 1st high capacity player, ZVM spoiled shortly after 3months

HDD failure... i'm switching to iPod...

Its looking kinda nice tho.

UMS is a very important factor to me.

May wanna see what the power output of the thing is.

the jog dial gg to make ur pain pain again... the CSTN screen gg to let u even more disappointed... CSTN is a old technology for screen. it being deploy in Nokia 6100, 6610, 7210, 7250... now u shld noe how bad the screen is...

For me, screen isn't an important factor. I'd love a black and white LCD screen more than anything else because IMO, colour screen on a music player is an uncalled for, uneeded sxtra unecessary feature that only serv es to suck up extra battery life and should be abolished altogether for the greater good of music, not some fancy show offy screen thingamajig things.

But few good models to none left with a simple bnW navigatable screen

I'd love an iRiver H120/140 for this

For me, screen isn't an important factor. I'd love a black and white LCD screen more than anything else because IMO, colour screen on a music player is an uncalled for, uneeded sxtra unecessary feature that only serv es to suck up extra battery life and should be abolished altogether for the greater good of music, not some fancy show offy screen thingamajig things.

tt y i gt a u2 instead of a u3... haha... and CSTN is sucking more batt den OLED so i dun understand creative...

I think,

Creative should drop all their players but the ZVM, Zen Microphoto, Zen Neeon, Zen V/V plus.

Too many still... :P

I happen to think you're right, Zephyron. After all, would you be staring at that fancy battery-robbing colour screen EVERY TIME you play your music? Name me anyone who does that. More often than not, the player goes into the pocket, pouch, bag or whatever and you'll never pull it out again until you need to switch it off <_< And anyway, the screen switches itself off automatically after some set interval, and you can't even see what's playing without activating the screen again.

I would rather pay more for a player that can support more audio formats, offer great sound quality and battery life than a fancy colour screen anytime. Unfortunately, I am in the minority. -_-

Alas, vanilla monochrome mp3 players do not sell in the consumer market place - and that's a fact. Review sites like CNET, DAPreview lists non-colour screens as a prominent "CON" (as opposed to PRO) in in their reviews. With colour screened players only slightly more expensive than a regular b&w player, guess what player would Joe Regular buy? It's the same phenomenon in mobile phones....you can hardly find monochrome phones anymore.

^ That's something I use, though it seems a little outdated. The USB key part seems to be disintergrating after 2 and a half years also.

It is something which the average Joe would ignore, with the advent of newer players.

thats why i got a cowon a2, u saw for yourself what a gorgeous thing screen it has, and an excellent battery life as well :innocent: That way i can enjoy some nice video on the go :))

Edited by iynaix