Sign in to follow this  
norseman

Where to get iM716?

Hi, newbie here! After going thru all the headphones forums around (actually just here and headfi.org), I've decided that the iM716 probably suits my requirement and budget. Can anyone tell me where to get them and at what price? Also, I'm a bit concerned about the high power req since I'll be mostly listening to them on my Dell axim PDA. Are they ok ampless? Also, where to get a good budget portable amp and at how much (I don't even know what a portable amp looks like... :)) )? Thx a lot! I'm really hooked on the whole audiophile thing now. If only my budget can keep up... Sigh... :no:

edit: Do the filters get dirty easily? Where to get replacements? I read that they are different from the ety ones...

Edited by norseman

your dell pda doesn't do the earphones justice lol.... maybe you should get a mp3 player and earphones instead of getting a portable amp (you can get these later if you need one)? :)

oh the im716 are not available in singapore. you can only get them online on websites like www.amazon.com or ebay and ship them in using vpost :)

Edited by fallraen

your dell pda doesn't do the earphones justice lol.... maybe you should get a mp3 player and earphones instead of getting a portable amp (you can get these later if you need one)? :)

Some PDAs actually have audio quality that compares very favorably with the current crop of digital audio players. Though not very useful if you have a large music collection, their audio quality shouldn't be discredited. I can't say for sure whether the sound quality is good for your Dell axim (which model?).

I have the Axim x51v using Mortplayer. I think it should be ok, since I've seen people using Shures on theirs? If not the iM716, are there any good alternatives available locally at that price range?

If the x51 is anything like the x50 or improved, it should compare favourably with any of the top end players if not match or surpass them :)

Be sure to use a gapless player software if you play live albums.

Yeah, I've heard that the ax's audio jack n innards are quite good. I think they share some components with the ipods or sth. So, any recommendations? How about the UE 3studios? Can get them at Jaben?

Yeah, I've heard that the ax's audio jack n innards are quite good. I think they share some components with the ipods or sth. So, any recommendations? How about the UE 3studios? Can get them at Jaben?

Uhhh ... better call or PM Jaben here ... before going down ... Stereo stocks them too you know

What's the CK7? How does the UM1 and the er6i compare? I heard that etys sound too thin and not as involving, too analytical. I'd like something more lively and decent but not muddy bass since I listen to a lot of dance and some rock. May be heading down to Jaben this afternoon...

i'm nt sure how ur player will drive a im716, but thur my h10 and iaudio u2, i need a amp to drive dem properly... but im716 really good for it price... the sound is comparable to e4, er4p and sf5p wen amp...

What's the CK7? How does the UM1 and the er6i compare? I heard that etys sound too thin and not as involving, too analytical. I'd like something more lively and decent but not muddy bass since I listen to a lot of dance and some rock. May be heading down to Jaben this afternoon...

well... i think u shld head to SE instead... there is more IEM there for u to test... but it really depend ur ears... ppl told me tt um1 is more value for $ and i nearly bought a UM1... but after testing it, i disappointed in the bass extension and the treble roll off... and i tried Er6i, it almost lyk hit on the spot... it the kind of sound sig i lyk...

i order from amazon and use vpost to ship over... best is go over the SE or jaben to test out... if u lyk sf5pro, e4 or ety sound, den im716 will be good for u... if u lyk um1 sound, den juz buy on the spot... heee