Sign in to follow this  
T_T|||

What paddings can replace those of SR80?

I haven't had any problems with my Grado SR80 headphone paddings at all other than it's a bit uncomfortable. However, ever since I bought new SR80 paddings($15 at Music by Design), my ear started to have problems, something like rashes and stuff. Doctor told me it was allergy. But if my old SR80 paddings never gave problems, I don't see why new ones would. Has the material been changed or anything?

Anyway, now I need to replace my paddings AGAIN. Any good recommendations? Or do SR80 paddings replacements exist in the first place?

Edited by T_T|||

Maybe you can wash your current paddings a few times and let them soften up.

Or buy Sennheiser HD414 replacement pads, its much comfortable as people said, but to me not really that significant though.

The HD414 pads can be bought at hung bros at $8-8.50 per pair.

It's probably not allergies; probably irritation.

I assume you're talking about the bowls?

Like Shiro recommended, the HD414 pads are the way of the future. B)

in SLS... btw the pad oringal pricing is only like $8 - $12?

Do you all install the own-cut hole facing out or the precut hole facing out.

Edited by Kippei

in SLS... btw the pad oringal pricing is only like $8 - $12?

Do you all install the own-cut hole facing out or the precut hole facing out.

Nonono, you flip the pads inside out. Then make a quarter-mod hole.

The original hole goes on the headphones, the modded hole goes on your ears.

Good news! I got the HD 414 pads!

Good news! They feel superbly, ultimately comfortable!

Good news! It's yellow! Funky!

Bad news! I attempted the hole cute myself with a bottle cap but my knife slipped. Now the hole looks over-sized and resembles a dead cheek cell. Want see pictures of the horror?

LOL If I do that then I'll have an over supply of headphone pads. I just bought new Grados SR80 pads, now the HD414. If I buy MS1 I'll go broke. Anyway here are the photos.

Looks okay here:

IPB Image

OMFG:

IPB Image

try to use MS 1 padding, it is the same comfortable, and black in color

Nope. Those MS1 pads are not as comfortable as the 414s to me. Different density of foam.

T_T|||, my 414 holes are that size too. If you cannot take the extra treble, then have to get new ones and cut a smaller hole. You can try using a sharp metal bottle cap and press it hard, twisting and using a sharp pen knife to cut for a clean hole.

Actually my ears aren't that good to sense the difference between a 2cm hole and 2.5 cm hole. The only problem is the aesthetics(sp?). Anyway, my SR80s are super comfortable now. I'm damn happy. Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll go mad and buy the 325. I prefer Grados to Senn anytime. I love the clarity. Might give the Beyer DT770 a trial though. Haven't tested them yet.

Edited by T_T|||

BTW the guy at Hung Brothers seemed very intrigued that I'm buying HD414 pads when I'm wearing a SR80 around my neck. Then he asked me who's the culprit spreading the word about HD414 pads with Grado cans thus causing quite a number of Grado users to approach them for HD414 pads. lol. Apparently he doesn't visit SGHeadphones, whereby the slogan goes "Welcome to SGH, Goodbye SGD"

[edit] Bah Spelling errors.

Edited by T_T|||

Next time when you get there, wear cheap ear buds, dress young. You will walk out with discount at the end of the day. (student price)

Apparently, he doesn't give discounts for accessories, only for headphones.

PS : I have got 15% discount from him when i was dressed in secondary school uniform many years ago.

Not sure if this still works today. Get your younger brother or sister and give it a try. :lol: