Sign in to follow this  
bluemoon39

pc sound card

was tinking if i shuld upgrade...using sblive now from my old pc...intend to get one of the following

1. SB AUDIGY2 ZS PLATINUM PRO

2.SOUND BLASTER X-FI XTREME MUSIC

3.M-AUDIO REVOLUTION

currently intend to get grado-60 to pair wif soundcard.....speaker wif saving up to buy...i will link the sound card to my hi-fi using the Creative RCA cables...( any1 got alternative as its selling at $29)do i stick to my sblive or upgrade? will there b a diff when using grado wif the abv sound card? 60% music,30%movie, 10%gaming... budget ard 150-200...thank

Edited by bluemoon39

hmmm since u post in this forum , i think most will recommend u to go with the esi juli@ or the emu 0404. :D

btw x-fi is geared more for gaming. it really gave u the kind of ' surround ' feeling with a pair of headphones.

Again, when using computer as source for music, it depends on what format/bitrate/source are your digital files in. Match your source to your equipment. an M audio would fit it just fine if your source is downloaded. If captured from your CD as lossless, then maybe a better card will suffice.

hmm thank for the reply... i tot of 0404 but seems like its more for recording which i dun need it...

yupmost of my source r download..but when like watching concert mostly r vcd or dvd...but if output to a home thearter will it b affected by the soundcard?thank

hmm thank for the reply... i tot of 0404 but seems like its more for recording which i dun need it...

yupmost of my source r download..but when like watching concert mostly r vcd or dvd...but if output to a home thearter will it b affected by the soundcard?thank

eMu cards are not for recording only. People use these because it offers many output interfaces. M-Audio would be good, stay away from SB X-fi or anycard that has un-natural DSP built in. For watching movie wise, X fi might make for a more pleasurable experience with it's DSPs though. It's up to you.

ohh nv know 0404 is like a normal soundcard..noob here...but its mainly for music onli? movie wise not veri gd?hmm ... might consider as its cheaper...

regarding creative card is the SB AUDIGY2 ZS PLATINUM PRO beter?got the control panel...

ohya juz asking if play music thru pc do i need an amp( for headphone)? the MO on the LDM+ seems cheap...thankz all

X-fi have special function to upmix stereo source to 5.1 channel. That is why playing movie X-fi is more prefered.

0404 is not just any normal soundcard. The sound quality is much better than X-fi, including it's built too.

hmm 0404 will b beter but if i m not wrong it support either 2.1 or 2.0 rite...so if i cant output to a 5.1 ....i prefer A2zs Ppro as it got a control panel which can control voloume....hows the SQ like between both ( compare to x-fi)...thank

is getting a decent DAC beter compared to a soundcard? was recommended to get a DAC and coonect to my optical out...wats the diff actualy?

If your source is a soundcard, connecting a DAC to it will give you almost identical result. Best is if you could get a CDP.

CDP = cd player? if tats so well i using pc as my source...will rip the cd using EAC n store in my com...

any1 came across tis? Digital Music SX

care to enlighten me whats tis ar? usb sound card? went creative today n saw tis.....

oh ya my budget is below 200...well any1 can confirm if 0404 onli support 2.1?canot output to my 5.1 hifi?

Edited by bluemoon39