Sign in to follow this  
nakedtoes

RCA Splitter effects on SOund Quality

I am thinking of connecting 2 amps into one source (RCA R/L out). Thinking of using RCA splitter.. will the spilter affect the sound quality etc... If i were to ON both amp will there be any adverse effect? <_<

I used two RCA splitter for my hifi setup. From pre to power and pre to subwoofer. Sounds ok to me and was recommended by the hifi sales person who happened to be my uncle. But as with everything, YMMV. After all, I got old ears, already cannot hear the highs. :D

I am thinking of connecting 2 amps into one source (RCA R/L out). Thinking of using RCA splitter.. will the spilter affect the sound quality etc... If i were to ON both amp will there be any adverse effect? <_<

I wouldn't encourage connecting 2 amps to the same source as there will be loading effect. However, you could certainly give it a go but make sure that at any time, only one amp is powered on, never two at the same time.

U can get such splitters such as Daiyo. Little detriment to sound quality is noted in my own usage.

theres also the option of using RCA splitter plugs...I myself was looking into this alternative for connecting 2 sources to 1 amp without the cable clutter...

There're some RCA splitter plugs I saw at Avit. Seems to be the same design as the Vampires (was it) that you wanted, but not too sure of the source though as I didn't ask the saleman :grin: