Sign in to follow this  
red

Need advice (Grado/Alessandro )

No it's burning in or what some call run in.

But do be very careful with some tracks, they may be too bright and high that they seems able to BURN the driver for good!

Check out all tracks or play in low vol only.

Cheers

Ah....before discussions lead to a myth, I think I'd better elaborate on a few issues regarding burn-in/run-in discs. These are simply tracks with recorded oscillating/alternating signals of different frequency to run-in the signal path....ie think electrons flow. No burn-in is permanent and if a system is left cold for month(s) on end, it will benefit for a few hours of burning in to sound optimal again.

XLO electric is a company that produces audiophile cables. The cd concerned is a XLO-Reference Recording collaboration, one providing the technical know-how on conductivity and the other on recordings to facilitate these fuctions. The disc contains other tracks for speakers positioning, polarity checks etc. Pleae play the tracks at average listening volume and not LOW volume.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000015A...v=glance&n=5174

Alrighty guys, lets leave it as that and go back to topic. Peace.

Edited by Mackie

Ok this is what is mentioned in the help file for the generator...

White Noise

White noise is the noise created by a random signal. It sounds like an untuned television set. It is useful for testing the frequency response of a room or audio process.

White noise has more energy in the higher frequency bands so sounds brighter than pink noise (see below).

Noise does not have a frequency.

Pink Noise

Pink noise is similar to white noise except that it has an equal amount of energy in each octave (down to 20Hz). This can be more useful than white noise when analysing the signal on an octave scale.

Because pink noise has more bass energy than white noise it sounds muffled.

As most of us won't be able to hear the higher frequencies... I guess that's why people recommend pink noise over white noise...

Edited by pegasus21

Nice, i'll test it out later once i'm at home.

Edit:

Ok, I've tested it. It seems to provide the same feature in the tone generator as in generating pink noise. Just simplier to setup since you only need to setup the loudness, length to play and play it.

Edited by pegasus21

Eii, where is the download button for the edifier speaker tool? I click the 下载 测速 then it just direct to the top of the page. My chinese really sucks a$$...

Eii, where is the download button for the edifier speaker tool? I click the 下载 测速 then it just direct to the top of the page. My chinese really sucks a$$...

Click on the link contained in the phrase My Drivers, and it will lead to a download page. You can't miss the download button there :grin:

Edited by scanfiend

Ah....before discussions lead to a myth, I think I'd better elaborate on a few issues regarding burn-in/run-in discs. These are simply tracks with recorded oscillating/alternating signals of different frequency to run-in the signal path....ie think electrons flow. No burn-in is permanent and if a system is left cold for month(s) on end, it will benefit for a few hours of burning in to sound optimal again.

XLO electric is a company that produces audiophile cables. The cd concerned is a XLO-Reference Recording collaboration, one providing the technical know-how on conductivity and the other on recordings to facilitate these fuctions. The disc contains other tracks for speakers positioning, polarity checks etc. Pleae play the tracks at average listening volume and not LOW volume.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000015A...v=glance&n=5174

Alrighty guys, lets leave it as that and go back to topic. Peace.

Ops my mistake, yes it's average listening volume :P