Sign in to follow this  
SKN

Jurong Point Court selling the iRiver h320 new!

' date='28 Aug 2006, 01:19 AM' post='75837']

Sorry, I was being noobish again.

Didn't know that th U2 didn't had a true line-out.

Pardon my ignorance :D

haha... it nt ignorance... haha... it impossible for 1 to know all kind of mp3 characterise in the market...

is iriver better than ipod?

We did a test using Iriver H340 & Ipod Nano. The same song was tested with the same earphone & both players are set at flat equaliser.

The observation from 3 of us is that :

1) Ipod - It gave a very clean & digital sound. The sound is crystal clear.

2) Iriver - It gave an analog & more realistic sound. U can feel the singer is singing in front of u.

Its up to u wat kind of sound u are looking for. My friend prefer his Ipod Nano while my other friend & I prefer the Iriver.

Meaning to say iriver's amp chip has crosstalk?

Not really cross talk. It had more emotion & ambience to the sound. Ipod is very crystal clean. It totally removed all this thing. The sound is quite unreal.

But its better that u have a listened by yourself.

The only bad encountered that I had with my H340 is there will be some irritating sound once a while. I believed all hard disks player should have this sound, think its caused by the spinning of the disk.

I actually buy the H10 initially but find the storage is not really enough so I exchanged for the H340 which offer me much more feature & storage. Sound wise, its better.

so how do h10 sound compare to h340?

The reasons why I changed to H340 are :

1) 5GB is too little for me.

2) I will be using it with a pair of headphone. Feel that the H340 is more suitable to do this.

3) The feature offered by the H340 ( its also come with an additional external battery pack ) no doubt that

the H10 is nicer in design & build but I am looking at toughness & sound quality.

4) Sound is more powerful & better as compared to the H10.

The H10 comes with 32 equalisers control. I think its too much.

The H340 comes with 5 Preset EQ(Normal, Rock, Jazz, Classic, Ultra Bass) & 1 User EQ, SRS WOW ( not

available in H10 )

Personnelly, I feel that the sound is much clearer for H10 ( meaning its more precise & digital to me ) than H340. But I always feel that there is always a sound limitation for compact size portable player.

H340 sound is definitely more powerful & analog with so much advantages over H10. I feel its worth the price so I change it if look is not your concern. :yes:

Edited by Jeremy

really har? hehe... sometimes wen i play d swings i oso roll off.. hehehehehe.. hahaha..

Moderators? Time to check the childish behaviour.

Guest joi-ful
' date='28 Aug 2006, 01:15 AM' post='75835']

What is a bass rolloff? I've been wanting to ask these questions nowadays..

Seems like no one is answering your qn. i agar agar know what it means but due to my inexperience with sources and cans, I don't think I'm in the best position to judge and explain this to you.

But to tide you til the gurus of this forum start to open their golden mouth, roll-offs generally refer to certain frequency ranges (usually the extreme ends) where they start to sound a little soft. An example would be between my UM1 and SR60. The trebles ( to me it's approx. 7khz - 12khz and above) of the UM1 begin to sound softer, and in poorer recordings, sound better as they're less harsh with no sibilance. The trebles on the grado's, on the other hand, extend much more than the UM1 to the point they sound really harsh on some recordings. The harshness I experience may also be from the more prominent mids in certain cases but that roughly illustrates the point of roll-off (from my understanding).

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm seriously newbie to this audio stuff so doing a search on this may be more useful ( and accurate!) for you. But I think you'll have to sieve through quite a bit before you can find the answer.

Let's not OT too much in this thread though.

:b2t