Sign in to follow this  
That dude

UE Super fi. 5 pro... Bought it Todae!

Hi! I bought the super fi. 5 pro todae.... thks for waiting for me, mr. Wilson! But Whoa.... the sound!

My CK7 can never satisfy me now!!! Anyway, do i have to burn it in? and how do i maintain it and push the sq of it to the limits? Super fi. 5 pro veteran users.... :helpsmilie: ?

I let it burn in for about 72 hours. Of course, if you let it stand cold for about 2 days, warm for about 5 - 10 minutes before listening. The sound could be 'too-tight' and dry for listening. Same goes for most audio set-ups. I'm sure you will find the Super.Fi 5 Pro alittle too bright for your taste.

By the way, what player/source are you using? I liked it with the portable amplifier. :party:

Hello,

i'm new to this forum... got my SF 5Pro about 3 weeks ago and have been playing it straight from my ipod.

well, everything sounded awesome until like last week when i suddenly found that they sound veiled. :blush: (maybe its my ears thats r failing me or maybe it has not been burned in enuf??)

anyway, will the SE of the SF 5PRo improve SIGNIFICANTLY from amping?

upgratitis i guess... :doh:

Hello,

i'm new to this forum... got my SF 5Pro about 3 weeks ago and have been playing it straight from my ipod.

well, everything sounded awesome until like last week when i suddenly found that they sound veiled. :blush: (maybe its my ears thats r failing me or maybe it has not been burned in enuf??)

no... sf5p is built so tt is can run easily frm any dap without amp... amping result in very minor sq diff... at least tt wad i experience...

It depends on your set-up. I learnt from QSilver (tribute to QSilver), interconnects will differ how your player will sound. Personally, even players will differ your sound even in Neutral EQ. Shan't say anymore, you got to ask the shifu. :lol: Try it out yourself to see IF SQ differs from amplifing. :smoke:

Hello,

What do you mean they suddenly sounded veiled? Let's eliminate some possiblilities before you start on amping :P

1. Check the EQ settings to see if they've been modified.

2. Check to see if the sound tube is clogged....you know, ear-wax and stuff :whistle:

3. Check your seal - canal / IEM phones sound can vary significantly depending on how it's situated in the ear.

May I add? :)) (May be a Minor factor)

4. Your Mood. From experiences, if i'm exhausted & yearning for sleep, the musical sense will shut down. Or if you're feeling down, you can never appreciate the music.

Just my 2 cents..

I let it burn in for about 72 hours. Of course, if you let it stand cold for about 2 days, warm for about 5 - 10 minutes before listening. The sound could be 'too-tight' and dry for listening. Same goes for most audio set-ups. I'm sure you will find the Super.Fi 5 Pro alittle too bright for your taste.

By the way, what player/source are you using? I liked it with the portable amplifier. :party:

i use the apple ipod 5g and the creative zen vision m.

So would it be best if i burn it in for 2 days straight? I can if i want to...

I'm in love with them....They just look and feel so cool too!

And Wilson, wad is that siligacagel thingy? How would it help?

Sorri... I'm a real noob...

um... guess no experienced forummers here huh? lol :grin:

1 more thing... Whenever i plug the earphones in, there is a hissing sound.... Is it the usual case with these earphones? I don't get them with my ck7.

Yup, it's a little bright now, i hope after burning in, the trebles will lower down a bit, the bass is sufficient though....

Edited by That dude

Some prefer plain music, some prefer sine waves/white noise/pink noise (whatever it is)...

I would personally use the radio and play something in between two stations to get the white noise... Not too sure about what the others do... Though you could always skip the burn in and enjoy as the music develops, as Uncle Wilson has said...

Maybe this would help??

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58157

so did you wear the sf5pro in the alternate way as discussed by some in head-fi?

i tried it out but it doesn't work out well for me though.

Yup, pretty much the same for me...

Decided not to, it doesn't stick out much on me, and i wanna show off the UE logo :P lol